scary tought aout hurting someone

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Sebo

Post by Sebo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Lately i got this feelings that i will hurt someone and this person is my mom . I got very gad anxiety since i was 19 I always coupe with them . Then one day she say i leaving you you on your own she left to Europe. 4 weeks were bad for me got it anxiety after anxiety but i survive and i deal with it very good and one day they disappear in the meantime i lost my job due to layoffs and i deal with it. Then after 6 months after her absent i come home and there she was back home i got in shock i was wow happy and mad at the same time because she did not inform me. I do not know what happen after only 1 week i start having anxiety attacks . My mom is very demanding person is her way or no way my own sister end up in shrink office and can not stand her i am the only one who i can deal it with her. Then one day she was listen on other line what my sister tell me about her i did not know it she was listen and all hell broke loose since that day she cry and she is taking on me all her frustration she even tell me i will pay high price for that .before i was happy she come home now i am not plus this thinking come over I will never hurt her or anybody in my live is this feeling because she is taking all anger on me.

Jack Daniels

Post by Jack Daniels » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm

I have had this thought before, i have two kids and my husband works out of town. Trust me you won't hurt her. not that i am expert but i have had negative thoughts about hurting my kids, that i may go crazy and loose control and hurt them or my husband when he is home.I even have the images and they are very disturbing. I know exactly how you feel. just remeber your not going to hurt her and believe deep inside your a good , beautiful, intelligent person and they are only thougts and they will go away! i hope this helps you !

Adrien

Re: scary tought about hurting someone

Post by Adrien » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi,

My scary thought has a twist to the hurting someone theme. Mine is a feeling of needing to be overly responsible and self- doubt. My fear and anxiety come from the self-doubt of the stove not being off and/or the sliding glass balcony door not being closed and locked when I go to leave home for the day, even though I have checked each of these items a number of times and see that they are all ok. The crazy thing is that often I won't have even used the stove for a few days or have not opened the balcony door in a few weeks and I still have the same anxiety over the possibility that they are open. It is a "safety" issue. You see, if these were not attended to before I leave to go out, my fear is that my two cats could get harmed by the stove if they jumped onto the cupboard or if they jumped up onto the slippery metal balcony railing and fell 31 floors to the ground (they could not survive that height).

I am MUCH better than before starting the program, but I am a little stuck in getting over the last hurdle of this uneasiness. Can anyone help me put all of this to rest? Thank you! :D

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”