scary thoughts!!!!!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
jjfan71

Post by jjfan71 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:09 am

hello all, this is my first post. been suffering with anxiety for years now. im a diabetic so i have to see the dr regularly which terrifies the hell out of me. i know deep down that i'll be ok but theres always that what if im not.been having mild palpatations since i started suffering from anxiety. gonna mention it to him tuesday when i go and the scary thought is, what if something is really wrong!!! i have young kids and have a great fear of leaving them early. i guess it all stems from a major fear of death. i drive myself nuts with these thoughts and are horrible. i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy!! sorry if i got a little long winded, just had to sorta let it out. i've talked with my wife but i can tell its hard for her to understand what im going through. anyways, thanks for listening people and its good to know that im not somekind of freak and im not alone in this. heres to 2011 bringing us all peace within ourselves and our families

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:46 am

Hi jjfan71--:) I'm glad you'll be seeing your Dr tomorrow. Tell us how it turns out.
Yep, we all get scary thoughts, especially when we are worried about out health and others are depending on us. Try and put the "Lie" into the thought or change it around. Keep posting...Paislee

jjfan71

Post by jjfan71 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

hi paisleegreen, thanx for your reply. went to the endocrinologist today. diabetic numbers were EXCELLENT!!!! He wasnt too concerned about the palpatations. he said next time i go in if theyve increased, he would refer me to a cardiologist. feeling much much better now. hopefully it last :) take care paislee :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. :)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”