Need Advice on Anxiety

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
nervousfoot

Post by nervousfoot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:14 am

I am in the midst of what I would call an Anxiety episode. I've had many of these over the years that last about a month or a little longer. My last one happened last year at this time. These consist of constant worry about going crazy or having a nervous breakdown. although I am about to function and go to work (alot of stress and worry) I feel anxious constantly. I do relux a little bit when I get home but the scary thoughts are still there.

I tried to track what might have caused this two years in a row. I have alot of responsibilty at work and have had some other stress in my life too. I know these are the causes but now I am stuck in this anxiety cycle that drives me crazy. I go day to day worrying about losing it, or ending up in a nut house. the scary thoughts are of familiar things and the thought of hurting someone or myself. The thoughts and worries are just about the same everytime this happens.

I've read all about anxiety and understand it but while in this funk, it is hard to absorb and move on. Its almost like I am in autopilot.

Has anyone gone through this before? Right now it seems like I will not be able to get out of this cycle. I feel like running away but where can you run to? Please post some suggestions. Its almost like I need a positive feeling to grab onto to get out of this cycle.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”