Being WAY too paranoid about having something wrong with me

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:51 am

24 hours a day, I always think in the back of my mind "what if I have a serious problem with me physically?" or what if I get one in the future? These thoughts continually drive me crazy, and I don't know how to make them go away, and just deal with the inevitable. I don't know if I'll have something wrong with me in the future, but right now I'm fine, and I can't convince myself that I'm okay. Anytime I think I feel weird, or uncomfortable, I think something bad's gonna happen to me, like I'm gonna pass out, or something's gonna happen to my heart, or something's wrong with my brain. Those are my biggest fears. How can I really stop thinking these thoughts? They're driving me crazy! and I know they're not valid.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:58 pm

None of these situations will happen to you.It's all anxiety. It seems like your mind is playing that future game known as What-If. The hardest part is to deal with these feelings when there at their scariest.If need be go back to session 8 Putting An End To What If Thinking. Play the cd at home, in the car or where ever else you can play it. Also, you may want to go back to session 6 using the 6 steps for ending a panic attack each and everytime these feelings come out. This method was hard at first for me but I just kept at it and it eventually worked. Keep on fighting!!!!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”