Can't shake obsessive, scary thought - Help!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
~Noelle~

Post by ~Noelle~ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:33 pm

This post has been removed.
Last edited by ~Noelle~ on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

This post has been removed.
Last edited by ~Noelle~ on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:05 am

:) Your absolutely right. You're saying all the right things to yourself. It's just an anxious thought. Nothing is wrong with you. We are so sensitive to what others say that sometimes we believe that's what will happen. When I was 16 a friend of my dads' said to me that it's about time you find a girlfriend otherwise people will think you're gay. After he said that to me I went on thinking for a year that I was going to become gay. I'd obsess about it constantly wondering when it would happen. I was afraid to talk to other guys fearing that would turn me gay. I know now that it was just anxiety but back then I had no clue. I thought I was losing it.

My biggest scary thought for me is the fear of death. I have been battling this particular fear for the past 6 months. Until I started this program, This fear had a huge chokehold on me.I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat and couldn't turn my mind off. I'm in session seven now and when I think of death it doesn't scare me anymore. It's more like a little uncomfortable feeling. My point is that this program works and that it takes time and patience to defeat our fears but we can't ever give up.

Good luck and keep on fighting!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks, Dominick! When my anxiety is really strong that's when the thoughts are. But when I under-react and calm myself down, I can laugh at the thought. Good luck to you too!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”