obsessed with coming on here!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
mrsworry

Post by mrsworry » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 am

hey, does coming on here make you feel better or worse, i find that i come on here for reassurance but can spend hours just seeing if there are new posts etc and searching through the old ones. I have truly learn so much since coming on here so i think thats a great help but if a spend too much time on here then i start to feel bad and get nothing else done. does anyone do the same?

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 am

mrs worry-I do not do this. I come on once in the morning. It's all the time I take meaning I could come on more and I am not anxious or scared I just take(choose to take)(get my meaning?)the time in the morning. You have been learning by staying on and reading which is good. Are you bad for staying on longer? Absolutely not. Maybe so it does not become so habitual change up your routine coming on here. Like Tues. & Thurs. stay on a little longer and Mon., Wed., & Fri. come on for like 15 in the morn. and 15 at nite. If your feeling guilty I think also your using the forum as procrastination to doing the stuff you need to be doing, laundry, cleaning, paying bills,etc.-I could be wrong though-but think about it-like I said before your taking the time to do it-you have a choice, do it or don't. God Bless You and hope this helped.-Wolverine

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:36 am

I, too, have to set boundaries on certain things. I like a couple of games on my computer and set a time limit on how much I play. This is good for us-we of all personality types, need to learn more about personal discipline, time management, delayed gratification, and loving ourselves enough to get moving. Good luck, Carolyn

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”