depersonalization feeling during reading

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
progkiller

Post by progkiller » Thu May 27, 2010 3:59 am

I am a social anxiety patience. The biggest problem with me is depersonalization. I feel depersonalized when I give presentation. I worked as a salesman in 2008 and with the help of the program, I felt that I totally recovered. However, all the negative feelings comes back when I want to start to build my online business.

I take the program again. I am taking Chapter 10. I need to read those positive statements. However, I feel scared during reading and listening when I get bored with those sentences. Does anybody have similar experience? Please give me some advice. I don't want to take medicine (I demedicate myself in 2005) again, but I have no other choice if this problem affects my focus and is ruinning my life again.

progkiller

Post by progkiller » Thu May 27, 2010 11:59 am

speaking specifically, I was a secondary school teacher in 2001. I was originally recovered. However, I encounter naughty students. I felt under so high pressure in the classroom that when I was in the class, I felt myself mentally collapsed. I felt muscle tension on my head and I felt depersonalized in classroom sometimes. I know that this feeling was to give me a break to the terrible pressurized feeling.

Now, when I read the positive statement, originally, it is good. Later when I get bored with the same sentence, my feeling in classroom with muscle tension on the head come bad. I feel worse after reading. Does anyone knows a solution to this? I know this is the last hope for me. If I cannot solve this problem, I need to take medicine myself.

EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 pm

I think I can relate. I get scared when one of those positive statements doesnt seem to make the negative feelings go away. You get scared or anxious and begin to question if it works or not because you are bored of it. But don't you guys get bored of feeling anxious and depressed too?

In my recovery I have found that general statements sometimes don't work for me because it seems to not relate to me for some reason. If i can relate to it I will accept it one way or another. I have also found that just being honest is the best thing. The strongest positive thought that never fails for me is " no matter how anxious i feel right now, it does not last, my body only has so much adrenaline, it simply will go away at some point whether I like it or not, whether I do anything to help or worsen it. It always goes away. So sit back and let it do its thing, it will go away eventually."

Also this condition has us producing chemicals that leave us unbalanced. So if a medication can help, why not take it? The goal is to get better after all

Best wishes

EddyJ
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”