Wow! I feel better.

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
itsgonnabeok

Post by itsgonnabeok » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Finding this forum was great. I was suffering from Anxiety and scary thoughts about 5 years ago, it just came back recently while I had some massive life changes. It's great to read that other people are suffering with the same issues and the exact same scary thoughts. What a relief. I thought I was so crazy.

Anyway, I have had these thoughts and feelings go away before and I know they will again. Peace all.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 am

i'm new to this forum and glad to have found it. have been suffering with anxiety for years, but severely so in the last year, ocd, scary thoughts, mostly about going crazy.... would love input

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:20 am

DoctorAnne,How severe has your anxiety been? Its strange, I've been through this countless times before. The Anxiety attacks and scary thoughts. Each time I pull through but its hell to cope with at times.

I've recently been under alot of stress and have been suffering from anxiety. some days its severe and others mild. The thoughts of losing it and the unreality feelings that follow the anxiety really level me.

I can tell you that in the 30 plus years that I have dealt with this condition, I've never once lost it. Believe me, there were times I didnt think I'd make it through the day but just when I felt on the verge of exploding, the anxiety would subside.

You might want to try an antidepressant if the conditions continue. I take Paxil at a lower dosage but up it if the anxiety gets out of hand.

Another thing you should know is Anxiety is your body's reaction to stress. It really isn't an illness but the way you react to these symptoms determines the level of anxiety you feel and the physical symptoms you generate.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”