Gaining More Confidence

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Dominick

Post by Dominick » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 pm

:D Although I haven't had an obsessive thought in about a month this session is still very important to me. This session alone has made me feel that obsessive thoughts can't hurt me anymore. It gives you so many tools to defeat these fears such as using humor by thinking about your scary thought in a funny way. Using the 6 steps from session 2 and session 3's positive self talk. Use empowerment thinking. By that I mean replacing your scary thought. My scariest thought was the fear of death. I tell myself, I am healthy, I am strong, I am powerful, I love life and I'm glad to be alive.

:D This is just like defeating any problem in your life. The more skills you have and use against that situation the more confident you will become and by default the less and less that fear will bother you and then it will eventually disappear.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:59 am

Way to go Dominick!! Every human gets obscure weird thoughts......the key is how we respond. I prefer to practice responding in writing. It results in these thoughts being insignificized.....thats thats the key.....

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”