Anxiety Symptoms

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
nervousfoot

Post by nervousfoot » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:43 am

Ok, let me try to explain how I feel. About 3 weeks ago I stressed over a few things going on in my life. One of them instantly put me in a funk. I wasn't hungry, couldn't sleep and started to feel depersonalized, or derealized is more like it.

Since then I have had very few up days most being very anxious days. I had a few panic type attacks during this time. I now feel afraid of going outside even though I do. My mind races with all kinds of terrible thoughs and there are times I feel like I am going to lose it.

I've been though stuff like this before, as recently as last year. Its tough dealing with this crap everyday. It usually burns itself out after a month or so but there are days when I am absolutely terrified and knowone can see it because it is all inside of me. Is this anxiety or am I going crazy? Can it lead to a serious depression or other sickness? I hear about nervous breakdowns and people going mad and it scares me.

I have this nervous feeling in my gut that doesnt help either. I am usually a very strong and confident person but this really shakes my confidence.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:24 pm

:) What you're feeling is anxiety and nothing more.Anxiety has never made anyone go mad. I know it feels like it but you are not going to go mad. I used to feel that way too. Remember it's not a sickness therefore, it can't cause one. Our anxiety and depression is caused by our negative thinking therefore, it won't lead to serious depression which is something different altogether. Thanks to this program I've been free of depression for the past 8 weeks and eventually you will be free of it too. If need be repeat the program.This program has changed my life for the better. Remember, everyone heals at their own pace. One other thing about people like us who have anxiety is that we are strong. Look what we have endured and we all survived. To me that's proof that anxiety and depression can be beaten. Don't give up!!!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”