High Blood pressure & anxiety

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Theychaseme

Post by Theychaseme » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 pm

My only problem with Anxiety is that i have a hard time controlling it when it comes on. Although its gotten better.. part of the message on these disc is "anxiety cant kill you."

Which is true for MOST people - however i am young - not over weight - not super thin either - play basketball everyday - take meds for blood pressure

But when i get anxious my blood pressure SHOOTS UP that is the scariest part of anxiety for me. I have had blood pressure up to 220's and they tell me i can have a stroke.

So i feel like a lot of the things the program says dont apply to me. I understand i am the cause of my anxiety - but at the same time my blood pressure goes to very dangerous numbers

So my question is - should i be afraid? To be perfectly honest, sometimes i am very afraid. Because to me a panic attack can turn into more than just an "attack"

BTW im not even 30 yet - i work out EVERYDAY - i eat so so - i still eat some fast food - and drink some coke.

Basically id just like some help getting past this constant feeling of worrying if im going to have a stroke at such a young age. I obsess about it.. it has done a lot of damage to my life.. im not the same person i was 2 or so years ago.. just everything has changed.

Im very aware this is a public domain.. and i dont consider this part of my life a "secret"

I actually want people to know, so they can be more understanding of why i am the way i am.

a part of me feels like a coward. a part of me feels like i worry too much and bring a lot of this stuff on myself

Theychaseme

Post by Theychaseme » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm

I really would like some advice on this.. its a lot easier to over - come anxiety when you know it cant kill you. My situation is a little different.. Im not going to be modest and say any advice would be good advice.. id really like for somebody to talk or tell me what they think.

Dominick

Post by Dominick » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:59 am

I don't think anxiety alone would push your blood pressure to such dangerous levels. I had major stress, anxiety and depression for years before this program came along and I too have high blood pressure and the highest spike for me was 150/100. Eating fast food and drinking coke even in small amounts will increase your anxiety and definitely not good for your blood pressure. I think if you can get your blood pressure back to normal range your anxiety will definitely decrease and the worry will stop. Also, if you feel your anxiety was caused by your worries of high blood pressure then chances are it's not an anxiety disorder because you have a legitimate reason to be concerned. Remember you're not a coward. A coward would never ask for advice.

Theychaseme

Post by Theychaseme » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

They tell me im too young to have high blood pressure.. so.. go figure. Im not even heavy set. I do drink sodas, and eat fast food. I WONT LIE .

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”