I don't know what to do

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Okay, I started a new job at a farm, and I have to get up at about 4:30 am every morning. It's taken a lot to get used to, and I don't think I'm used to it yet. But ever since I started this job, my anxiety level has gone up sky high. I had anxiety my entire life, and it's been worse at times than others, but it's been the worst I've ever had it in these past few weeks. I've lost weight, I can't eat, I can't function. I've been doing the program as much as I can, but work drains me, and when I'm not working, I can't sit still, so I have to go out and do something, so I feel like I'm not dedicating myself to the program as much as I'd like to. Can someone help me? Why does it feel like I'm going crazy and why is my anxiety the worst it's ever been? Help!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:42 pm

This is what anxiety can do when it's out of control. When it seems like it's calming down a little bit, all of a sudden it spikes and feels like your at your worst. After all you're taking on a new job. It will increase your anxiety but the important thing is to keep doing these things anyway because it's the only way to defeat anxiety. My anxiety was out of control quite a few times before I finally got it under control with the help of this program.During those times I dropped 20 pounds in one week because I couldn't eat and I had to force myself to get out of bed everyday and I hated the idea of facing the next day so believe me I know what it's like to feel like your going crazy. Remember you're not going crazy and you never will. At one time I was on anti-anxiety meds for a while because my anxiety was so out of control. They really helped me during that time.No one likes to take meds but if you need them for a while to help you cope then go see a doctor about using the meds. Also don't feel bad if you think your not dedicating yourself to the program. It doesn't matter if you complete a session in one week or one month take your time. Do it at your own pace.I can tell by this post and your other posts that you are a fighter so don't give up!!

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:48 am

Thank you very much! this message helps me a lot! yes I'm a fighter, I'm not willing to give up living my life. I want to take my life back now!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”