Can't shake scary thought

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
PP

Post by PP » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

Dear Livingfromtheinsideout,

Of course I have! Just another thing in a series of junk to obssess about! Then, when you're done with that one, you'll move on to another one. And, you'll eventually come back around to this one! This is just the way this stupid game (habit) works.

Have you taken the program? If not, do. If you have, review your cards and self talk. We all have to work at breaking the habit.

Michael

Post by Michael » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am

Hey livingfromtheoutside,

I found that when I decrease the belief in these thoughts..the thoughts are insignificized.

In regards to suicide i learned their are three catogories

1) Suicide completers: These are the individuals who follow through with suicide. They find comfort in these thoughts and find this as a rational solution. They follow through with lethality. Most are in very good moods up to their scheduled date often going about their daily acitivities in peace. They have their good bye letters preparared and find this as a solution.

2) Suicide Gesturers: These are individuals who attempt suicide as a mere cry for help. For example a young adolescent may take ten aspirin in an attempt and merely get sick. Not followed through with very little or any lethality. Done merely to express their pain.

3) Obsessive scary thinkers...third category....the mere thought of this make u anxious thus we are the least likely to attempt. Also, young adolescents or any human going through a frustrated period and have a feeting thought. THIS IS THE MAJORITY....THE CATEGORY WHICH WE ARE IN....

Subsequently, once we identify these thiughts for what they are....a mere symptom of anxiety....we dismantle the belief....once we dismantle the belief in these thoughts then our anxiety and symptoms decrease......

God Bless and FULL RECOVERY IS FOR THE TAKING....GO FOR IT....

PP

Post by PP » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Nervousfoot, even though you posted clear back in August, just wanted to let you know that what you wrote was well said, and so very true (also a big help)! Hope all is well with you!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”