Is anybody else like this?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
NoDoubt*Lover

Post by NoDoubt*Lover » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I go through phases alot, and i obsess over them. None of my friends say they go through phases like mine and it scares me sometimes. Like now, Im really into Grunge Music and listen to Nirvana and wear flannel shirts and holy jeans, and just three months ago, i was listening to Metal and my idol was Ozzy, then it was an 80s glam rock phase before that. It just freaks me out that I change so frequently. My mom used to call me a chamelion and still does sometimes. and its like..jeez, do I have multiple personalities or something? But then again, my therapist says its normal for people my age to explore different things because they still dont know who they truly are. and then there are the people that say, Jared, you might have multliple personlities. I just feel so different than everybody else. I always have felt like i wasnt normal. Can anbydoy relate?

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 am

NoDoubt,

It's tough to live with people who don't understand us. What's wrong with being interested in a lot of things?

I've often felt different from everyone else. I joke that other people may march to a different drummer, but I march to a saxophone or something. Being different doesn't make us inferior. It just means there's a lot going on in your head.

I've lived long enough to know that everyone has demons and that "normal" is a label that really has no meaning. What is normal for you maybe is not normal for someone else.

Les

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Jarod,
i think that it is cool that you are exploring all these different things. Your not "different" just still trying to find yourself and i see nothing wrong with that. Just because you don't fit everyone else's "mold" doesn't mean your are abnormal, it just means your not afraid to express yourself. i think that's great. PPLLLEEAASSEEE don't change. Your awesome.
Sandy

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”