Getting through the program

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Yesterday, I had a really bad random attack, almost randomly. I felt funny, I just didn't want to sit still. I called my aunt, who works at a doctor's office, and she was telling me that this program might not be a good idea because it makes me think about anxiety all the time, but I told her I do need to face the fear. I just hate anxiety so much..I'm excited to get through the program, and feel better. It's been the past couple weeks, I haven't been able to eat as much. My mom said it might be because things are changing for me. I have a job I work at every day, unless I'm given a day off by my boss, and I have to get up at about 4:30 every morning. It's a change, and I'm going to college this fall. Would this be why my anxiety has been really bad lately? What is wrong with me?

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 am

That is exactly what is happening. You have alot going on it your life right now and it could all be very unsettling. This happened to me when I was about your age.

Some people just don't adjust to change as easily as others. Hang in there until things stabilize alittle bit.

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm

I agree. You have a lot of anxiety producing things going on in your life so it's natural you would feel this way. I do think your aunt is wrong. This program helps you face your fears and that's the only way to overcome them. Your mom is right things are changing for you and and the fact that your excited about this program tells me that you believe it's working. While you recover from anxiety, you will feel anxiety at times because your mind is learning to see things positively and that's a big change as well.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”