Trip (Vacation) and New Job

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Lena Hourglass

Post by Lena Hourglass » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:51 am

Being an obsessive scary thinker, I like to spread out monumental events in my life (and not bite off more than I can chew), but every once in a while I am hit concurrently with something out of my control.

I have been planning a cruise for a month and, yes, time has flown. OMG - I am scared of getting sea sick.

Now, I am up for promotion, which is not just a raise in pay but a change in position and environment. I had the option to decline this opportunity, but I had wanted this type of position for a while, I just didn't think it would happen the week I am leaving for my cruise. Well, my supervisors were okay with my vacation immediately following training, but it's overwhelming for me.

I can laugh because it's a good thing, right? A promotion and a vacation beginning in one week? Sadly, for an overanalyzer, worrier and perfectionist like me, things aren't looking so good. I am anxious and nausious, even draining myself of the precious energy that makes me an effective worker.

Well, I am trapped. Thank goodness, because if I had the opportunity to backout and quit - turn tail and run - I would. The time for complacency is gone and change has caught me in a whirlwind.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”