Being bored causes anxiety

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 am

When I'm at home, and have the day off, I feel like I'm lonely, and get depressed, even though my mom & brother are home. I watch tv, and sit on the computer, and go outside and go for a walk, but it doesn't seem to satisfy me, and I end up going for a drive. When I'm bored, I get anxious, and sometimes depressed. Why is this? and how can I stop these feelings?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:42 pm

:) People like us are generally not use to sitting around and doing nothing. We always have to keep going.It seems like you just need something else to do on your day off. You can do puzzles and painting to distract yourself. I would create puzzles of pictures that I liked, glue them and frame them but you don't have to go through all that. Also I went to my local craft store bought some blank ceramic figures and painted them. Both of these things took up quite a few hours and kept me from thinking about my anxiety and depression. It was great therapy for me.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”