i feel afraid every day, most of the day....

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
doctoranne

Post by doctoranne » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 am

i experience depersonalization, obssess about thoughts of going crazy.. actually look for signs that i'm pschotic.. like seeing people (never do, but fear it). anyway, i have terrible anxiety, have lots of somatic complaints...need help. began taking lexapro. think it may not be helping

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:56 am

What helped me with my fears and anxiety is session 3 positive self talk and session 2 6 steps to ending a panic attack. I also take cymbalta which is an anti-depressant and lamictal which is used to enhance the cymbalta. I was on lexapro and many other types of meds. Unfortunately what's good for one person does not necessarily mean it will work for another person. Sometimes you have to keep trying different meds until you find the one that works for you.
Before I started this program I was a total wreck. Ready to give up completely and felt there was no hope for me. I had an intense fear of death that consumed my thoughts every single day. I felt like I was going out of my mind and losing control. Now it's 6 weeks later and I made a dramatic turn around. Again people will heal at their own pace some take longer than others but that doesn't matter. The important thing is that you keep trying and never give and things will improve for you!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am

i appreciate the input dominic.. best to you. it's comforting to know there are other people who fear going crazy and don't!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”