going crazy

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
tundra

Post by tundra » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 pm

this is my first post and have had anxiety for 8 years. usually i can handle it most of the time but sometimes I will have constant panic for three to four months. Its the same worry that I'm losing my mind or i have the "S" disorder. I know I dont have that illness but I always have these intense thoughts. I was doing great for almost three years then it all came back again. Its been three months now and I still feel worry all day long. I know this will pass but I just wanted to post something.
thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:38 pm

tundra,

you came to the correct place. we're experts at worry!

have you ordered the program? we can help a little here--but using the program materials regularly is going to make a huge difference.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:44 pm

I have not ordered the program yet. I did read her book years ago when I first staring getting anxiety. I'm 34 now and want to get a good handle of my anxiety so I can live my life to the fullist with my baby daughter and my wonderful wife.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:33 am

If you have the extra money Tundra this program I think could help you so much. I am on my 4th session and it has already helped. I always wonder why me, but now I wonder why all of us. I try to take the good days and not think about the bad days, but it sure is hard. I am suprised my brain dont just explode when I have anxiety,, I think about 20 things in 20 seconds, its awful.. You are not alone though Tundra and this is a great place for support, I have never felt so supported until I came here. We all know each others pain because we live it first hand but no matter how down we are we are always trying to help a friend who feels the same way... Hope you are having a good day today..
Gina

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:16 am

hey tundra....im with you. I am 34, have been suffering with this for about 6 years. I will have months where I feel great. I almost forget that I ever had anxiety and then slam, panic attack somewhere for no reason which starts it all over. It cycles. Ive noticed Im much better in the summer. Winter and christmas time are the worst for some reason. Im doing the program now to try to understand myself and get rid of this once and for all.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:51 am

I just think that even though you may be cycling back into a state of anxiety, that each time you do this you probably learn something new to help yourself and that increases the spaces between the anxiety and that's a huge accomplishment:). I hope that's what I do:), anyway. You've never done this program before, and Lucinda's book is definitely great, but the program is definitely more intense then just the book. Also, you probably just forgot some of the skills you learned from her book. Re-reading is my life:). It eventually sinks in:).
One thing you know for sure is that you've dealt with anxiety before, and you didn't stay stuck. Anxiety is not who we are, but it's just a feeling that passes through us. That's something that a counselor has taught me, and I keep telling myself that, and it just really helps me, and I hope it helps you. I do so much better believing that. These past seven years, I've had the worst anxiety ever, and over the past two years, I've gotten so much better with this program, excercise, and changing my perception of God to be a more truthful perception. I can see that I thought I was going to stay stuck in anxiety, and I didn't. Trust me, it's a miracle:). You won't stay stuck:).
Finally, I'm sorry that I forgot the name of the person on here who recommends Claire Weekes books on anxiety, but they really help too.
You're going to get better:). We all are, and many of us have already:).

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:46 am

I know exactly what you are saying. I two have been suffering for 10 years but I felt I could control it ok. For the last 3 years I felt great until the last 3 to 4 months.But like luvpiggy said we are in the right place. With gods love and guidance we will all feel so much better.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:30 am

thanks everybody... The anxiety always passes but when your stuck in the cycle its hard to get out of it. I going to order the program and we will see what happens. I just want the tools to control the anxiety when to comes.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:59 pm

I suffered 9 years ago, was great for 6 years and slap i was in the drs office and had a panic attack. I think it was still there but just not as bad , so i didn't pay it much mind. Program is great i am on week 13 , some bring on more anxious feelings, especially when you are trying to change. Most of us are set in our ways and change adds anxiety. Buy the program it will make a world of difference. Good luck to you

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:36 am

so glad you're ordering the program, "T". i am so grateful for the relief from the things you're suffering from. the skills are incredible--and it does get easier!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”