Just need a little help

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:47 am

Let me reintroduce my myself because have not been on in some time. I am a mother of two a four month year old and a two year old and right now i am under a lot of stress. But now to my question i have going through a lot of changes looking for a place to live, trying to help my mom and dad save there home, and i am a stay at home mom. So long the way i must have got my self anxious again and in a way i havnt felt in along time. But this time i am staying calm and i know what it is and i am waiting on it to go away. But i can seem to shake this nervous uneasy feeling at all. The scarey thought i handle pretty good i dont let it scare me and if it does its only for a second or two and then i tell myself the truth or use my skills. But i was thinking shouldnt this go right away since i am going all the right things or does it take sometime. Because i just want to know i am handling this okay. I woke up tis morning nervous and i didnt like it and i said to myself i should feel better by now because i went through the program and have not felt like this in a while, please any insight will help.

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:11 am

Helen -

By the sounds of it, you're clearly dealing with a lot of outside stresses so it's absolutely expected that you should feel some anxiety. Don't create false expectations that you should not feel nervous anymore. You have the skills from the program and it sounds like you know how to effectively use them. Give yourself permission to feel anxious. You'll get through this.

Jamie
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:01 am

I agree with Sea Runner. It sounds like your stress is causing your nervous feelings. And it is normal to have times in your life when those old feelings come back. Stress and anxiety are a normal part of life. It might helf if you get out the program and listen to lesson 15 again. And when you are feeling nervous, get busy and do something to keep your mind occupied.

I've recently had some issues with those old feelings too, so I know how you feel. I just keep reminding myself that it will pass and it can't get the best of me ever again.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

CJR

Post by CJR » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 am

I am also dealing with some of my old anxiety feelings because it's Christmas time and some other stressful things in my life. Like you, I am using the techniques I have learned. I still have some of the body symptoms and i know that if I weren't applying the techniques, I'd be alot worse. So that's something we can be thankful for. But you do have to remind yourself that your body is still going to react to the stress and sometimes you can't really control that. You are doing the best you can, doing what you know to do and that's all you can do for now. be easy on yourself. Like someone said above, give yourself permission to feel anxious. It's not a big deal and it will pass eventually. Just keep plugging away and take it a step at a time, a day at a time :) You are doing fine!

Blessings, Chanin
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jn.14:27

EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 am

I am also dealing with some old feelings as well. Everybody on here is absolutely right. Allow yourself to feel this way. Anxiety will be in our lives the rest of our lives, But because of our skills anxiety will not rule or dictate our lives.

You are dealing with a lot of stress and its normal to feel anxiety. You are human after all. Keep using your skills, the anxiety always passes.

God Bless,

EddyJ
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”