Anxiety about falling out of love

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Loveology15

Post by Loveology15 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:54 am

Is there such a connection between depression and "falling out of love" or at least the feeling. I have depression and anxiety because of some semi traumatic family stuff that happened over Thanksgiving (or at least my psychiatrist concluded) I am seventeen and on Zoloft. I have developed this crazy anxiety over losing my boyfriend, or mainly even losing feeling for him. I get in these waves where most things with him are unsettling and unfamiliar, I dont feel sexual, I am not interested in doing anything besides watching tv and I get really nervous, cant look him in the eye, and cant really have a conversation with him. I also get really nit picky. This makes me feel horrible, it is my worst fear, having this all not be real. But just as I start to believe it all, I just snap out of it and feel all of my love and am not too nit picky, I feel comfortable and close. Its not perfect but it feels like a real relationship, and I feel more grounded and such when I'm in a good place. Can depression do this, or am I simply falling out of love. We have been together for a year and a half, and this started around December, along with all of my other weird depression/anxiety feelings... any help?

Everything used to be great and I dont know what happened, after I recovered from mono I was with him one day and this incredible rush of uncertainty and "what ifs" rushed over me. Wondering if I dont love him, if this was just puppy love? What if I dont even like him? etc, etc... I was always so sure before this. What happened?!?

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”