sick of scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:37 am

I had th esame thoughts with my first son. Don't worry you will not harm him. The thoughts are not real. Mine were from way too much stress about being a mom and the anxiety from it. I couldn't admit my thoughts to anyone and I was soo confused. I found out years later that adrenaline can produce those kind of thoughts, plus post partum. Many moms have those thoughts is what I also found out..Plus, if I saw a news cast about a crazy mom that hurt her kids that influenced me too. Try not to worry it is just your anxiety and too much mommy duties. hope this helps. i was also veryupset with my husband. He wanted me to be so perfect. This built resentent and made me feel like a horrible mom, but I wasn't. My love for him was much stronger than any other feeling and carried me through. Trust in that.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Boon and everyone who posted. My bad and my apologies if the statements were offense. I just haved said that IN MY PARTICULAR CASE, this is what is happening. This is what I believe. This is how I cope. Please forgive me for stepping one toes here.

The article posted is great- very good info.

Boon, I would like to talk more with you about the subject for my learning purposes. I am very young in my Christianity, so to speak. I would love some input. One of the books I've read is Battlefield of the Mind which says basically what I replied in my message, but I would like to hear from you if you had the chance to talk and private message me perhaps, or maybe it would be a good group discussion. Anybody up for it?

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:04 am

Hi Bev,

Let's post it openly for everyone to see and to learn from. We will get input from those who are interested and together we will learn and grow together.

My sincere best to you.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:52 am

Let none of us forget that the devil knows the scriptures better than any of us ever will here on earth. He uses words & helpless people to share "words of wisdom" that can scare the crap out of anybody as best he can because he knows that's the only way he can keep people like us dangeling from the ledge which is just where he wants us. However there are people in this depression & anxiety laden world that do not believe in God or Satan & still suffer like we do. I am a believer & I would love to blame God or satan for all of this but it is just not their reality (if that's the right word.) Yes, for some God can make us feel better & the devil make us feel worse but turthfully it is us that must make the leap into freedom. And everybody on here is trying and that is the absolute best thing we can do for ourselves. Know we have the problem (like that can be missed) reach out, continue to reach out in asking for help & giving & keep on keeping on. Some don't realize that in stating their fears this allows someone who is too afraid to speak out know they are not alone, your helping & don't even know it. Thank You, Thank You, Thank you!!

Lew

Post by Lew » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:05 am

I also have the same scary thoughts which brought me back to this program. It really helps me to see that I am not alone. What's really interesting is how hard I've been on myself for thinking these things, and now I'm trying to help you with the same problem and I'm much easier on you(someone I've never met before) than I am on myself. It's almost as if I'm writing this to myself in a way. Try not to be hard on yourself. If you didn't love your children, these thoughts wouldn't bother you. People that actually do these things are not upset by these thoughts; they enjoy them. I now realize that the world does'nt revolve around my thinking. Just because I think something, doesn't mean it will happen. Our intentions are what matter. I hope you feel better.
Life is too short to own an ugly boat. Step aboard for a wonderful journey!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:10 am

love31,

My prayers to you as you deal with this ugly form of anxiety.

I offer a thread from the OCD forum dealing with hurting others.

<A HREF="http://bbs.stresscenter.com/eve/forums/ ... 4691056423" TARGET=_blank>http://bbs.stresscenter.com/eve/forums/ ... 1056423</A>

Just the fact you love your boys so much means this just pure-o/scary thoughts. These thoughts are not you, your personality or your intentions.

God bless.

Mudgy

Post by Mudgy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:39 am

Boon,

I am sorry but I completly disagree with what you said to Bev. I do think that satan has everything to do with the thoughts of someone wanting to harm their children. If you look back at news paper articles or on the news they are always telling people that demons would be talking to them and told them to kill their children or harm them in some way. Bev was not saying that in a bad way at all. She was saying that we as Christians can keep those thoughts from happening. If it isn't made from love then it isn't made from God. People should know where things are coming from because the devil would like us to think that we are going crazy but it is just him trying to destroy. He is sent here to kill, steal and destroy and that is what he tries to do to all of his followers. Since praying for things about anxiety and some depression they have fled from me. I don't know if you believe in God or not but my God can protect us from all of these things and more. Some may not know about it and yes some thoughts are made up in our own mind but I believe that these thoughts are started because of something trying to destroy us. I am not trying to have a huge conterversal thing or anything but I know that satan tries to destroy to much and with my faith I have overcome my anxiety!

love31
You should pray pertection over your thoughts and keep them protected from any influences that may cause them....

Here is a prayer..
Dear Lord Jesus protect my thoughts and take away my fears, keep me from feeling these thoughts that I feel towards my children and those fears that I think about. Protect my children and let me only feel love towards them and don't allow the enemy to give me any thoughts that would cause me anxiety or any obsessive thoughts. Lord Jesus help me move forward and keep me from bad days and only allow me to recieve good ones. I pray this in your name Jesus Christ, amen.

Jennifier

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:21 pm

You are not alone I have often had these scary thoughts and I used to think that there was something wrong with me. What has helped me is to practice my breathing and acknowlegde there just scary thoughts. Try and focus on the present moment and get busy. I am happy to say with this program those scary thoughts are lessening and intensity and they will pass. Don't beat yourself up its just anxiety and keep telling yourself that. You are strong you can overcome them. Good luck and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Jennifer, you explained it better than I ever could. I will try to be more careful in choosing my words so as not to present them in a fashion that is scary to others. thank you for the clarification.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:09 pm

Sorry, Jennifer, but your satan/evil thoughts belief frightens me more than my scariest toughts.

I think boon has it right.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”