sick of scary thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:31 am

John - I encourage you to go back into other posts under the OCD heading and you will get a lot of helpful information. Read a few of the threads and see what you think. If you have more questions after that please ask them and we'll all be happy to support you in your progress of healing. There are many good exercises to follow that will help retrain your mind.

Do you have the program?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 am

thank you all for your words of wisdom. i went through the program about a year ago. and i seemed to be doing better. i have been married, moved, bought a house, got a new job, and had a little baby boy all within the last two years, and while the program helped, i never fully let go of the anxiety. in the past year i have been seeing a therapist and i have tried many drugs, such as prozac, zoloft, lexapro, and the latest one was abillify for OCD. when the side effects became to much to handle for the abiliffy i stopped it. and over the last two weeks i have been as low as i've ever been. my intrusive scary thoughts are much more frequent and i feel very depressed. i can deal with the depression, but the scary thoughts are, well, scary. i can't seem to get passed the fact that they are there. what is the difference between me and someone who actually acts on them? i feel an impulse sometimes to act on them (like for instance when someone has a fear of heights and they are in a hgih place, they feel an impulse to jump.) do i actually in some deep dark place have a sick desire to do these things? sometimes i feel like they are so real and that at any moment i could snap and act upon them. they are mostly thoughts about hruting or even killing my child. he jsut turned 1 and i'm having a hard time connecting to him becasue of these thoughts. i want to pull away so he will be safe. why won't these thoughts stop? there are moments, few and far between, that i can believe they are just scary thoughts, and i rejoice. but then i'll have a new scary thought and obsess about it for hours or days. i read your posts and they are helpful. but then i have thoughts that maybe i'm jsut fooling everyone and i'm really a bad person who will do bad things. anyway i'm not sure what i am wanting to get from a post. but thanks for letting me vent.

Post by Guest » Thu May 15, 2008 10:37 am

Hi! I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that obscessing about hurting a loved one is very common. I had those thoughts myself and couldn't even look at butter knife at that time in my life. Just remember this-the people who actually commit these crimes enjoy them. It brings them great pleasure- not fear or worry. In other words, being scared or worried when having these thoughts is a GOOD sign.
Originally posted by love31:
Hello,My biggest problem with anxiety is obsessive thoughts.I have been fighting this for along time. It has gotten easier to deal with but the thoughts just wont go away, I have two beautiful boys they are my life and they need me, I just don't understand how I could think that I would ever hurt them, I know that it is nothing that I would ever ever do, I love them so much,they are the reason why I fight so hard. I have my good days and bad days, it seems when I'm about to start is when I can't get rid of the thoughts. Has this happened to anyone

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi Everyone, I am pregnant now of 5 months. I was doing fine till may and started having thoughts of being a bad mother. After that I started having thoughts that I possibly would hurt my baby after he is born. It is so scary and when I tell myself that I would never do it, the question comes to my mind...what if i would do it?Ohhhhhh this is killing me. I am on medications for almost two weeks and I control them sometimes, but sometimes I think I am going crazy. Please help me

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”