Biggest fear.. Anyone else?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Phil T

Post by Phil T » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:17 am

Hey Everyone.
I just wanted to know if anyone else has a fear like this one... It the only thing i thik about and it kills me.
I'm scared that i might slowly lose my mind. That i'm going to go crazy. Or develope some sort of other serious mentil problem like the bis S word or something liek that.
Anyone else terrified of that?

I Appreciate any posts
Thanks.
Phil,

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:27 am

Phil,
Im not terrified of it, but It is one of my fears. I go about each day at work smiling and being friendly. When I get home I feel like a put on a front all day. If everyone knew how crazy I feel sometimes they would hate me, or at least thats how I feel. I think sometimes I am losing my mind a little more every year. I have convinced myself I'm not stable, although I seem to be. Geeze I already sound like I have lost my mind. My life is complicated. I make big plans to do things, but then at the last minute I cancel and stay home instead, telling myself I have stuff to do. I do this over and over.
Cathy

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:22 am

sure I do this kind of thing all the time. I make plans to go places, do things then I talk myself and my family out of it with excuse why we shouldn't go to this or that. Then I beat myself up about it because something is wrong with me.

I can so relate about the work part too. For years and years everyone thought I was this funny, never so no, always happy person. When I was honest one year that all my work friends and I got together for dinner it shocked them to hear how anxious, depressed and how many problems I had dealing with it all.

I could only be myself at home and even there I hid it so that it became too much.

Be honest with yourself and make small plans that you know you can handle for now. You havent lost your mind you just misplaced it for awhile. (smile)

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:58 am

Yah its a scary thing to think about. Most people look at me as this fun loving, nice, got it together kind of guy but inside i dont even feel remotly close to that. I feel the same as you. If people only new. Thats scary to think about also.
I understand what your saying about planning to go places and then at the last second not going. I;ve done the same thing. Or i;ve went but had terrible anticipatory anxiety well before we go. I havn't got to that lesson yet so i am hopping it can help with that. I'm also hoping some of the lessons regarding "what if" thinking and scary obsessive thoughts will help out as well.
Has the program helped for you Cathy?

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Phil,

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:12 am

Phil T--

This is also my biggest fear. I am a psychology major, so I am way too informed about mental illness. It has become my biggest obsessive scary thought. I just try to tell myself that it's just FEAR and it most likely won't happen and my spacey/detached feelings are just anxiety. Try to tell yourself positive things like this and remind yourself that anxiety won't make you go crazy! I'm sure you will be fine, hang in there and know that this is a very common fear of people with anxiety! Good luck and take care, I worry about this all the time, so don't hesitate to post back!
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:52 am

I have had the fear of losing my mind. Up until I got this program in the mail, I thought for sure that I would end up in a hospital sometime and have to have someone take care of me. But on top of that the fear that finally took over and the one that made me get the program was the fear of losing my husband. I thought for sure that he would get sick of the emotional roller coaster that I took him on all the time. He kept telling me that wouldn't happen, but I was convinced. I'm still not 100% sure that he can take much more of me, but I am freaking out so much less and I am not afraid to talk to him about these fears either now. This program is really helping.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:59 am

Phil,
Yes the program helped me with my anxiety. I was not able to stop severe panic attacks, because they started out so bad this time. I am taking prozac and doing great. The program helps me handle the day to day anxiety. Brutal panic attacks for me, need medication. My heart beats just about out of my chest, and I sweat really bad, and I feel like I will pass out, it's weird how I feel, like I am vibrating or something. Anyway the prozac stops a panic attack before it happens, that is what I need right now. Before I was just using the program. If It had not been for some major events in my life I could have just kept on using only the program, but as my luck would have it too much happened at one time and I didn't handle it very well, with the exception of getting on the prozac, which I had the nerve to do because of the program. The first time I took prozac several years ago, it took me almost one year to actually take the pills. This time I started to lose it so I went right to my DR and asked for it and I am allright now. I only missed 4 hours of work this time, usually I quit a job over anxiety, so the although I had to get Medication, the program gave me that power to take the pill. Good Luck to you,
Cathy

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am

Lol,your not going to lose your mind,if you were losing your mind you wouldnt even be aware of it,look at it that way,what your doing is scaring yourself just like i do,i always think about anxiety and going crazy.Its because of strong feelings of derealization and unrealality that happens because of anxiety which causes these thoughts,try to actually feel accept it when it happens and watch it slowly not scare you anymore but it take time,be strong sometimes are minds our just to strong for our own good,god bless.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”