Feelings of Unreality - Where did I go???

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
chrit

Post by chrit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Those are great ides from all the wonderful people and another thing that I did was find anything positve and focus. . . music and working out were my two biggest ones. I was soooooo amazed at how much better I felt after walking up a sweat on the treadmil. . . .. Anyone have advice on getting rid of thte Pure O, this is what has attacked me a couple days ago after watching the news and hearing about a man who killed his 3 children in the tub at the motel..... OMG!!! I have beeen having a terrible time since then . .

jmm84

Post by jmm84 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:34 pm

I have a question...I think I'm having this "depersonalization" stuff too. But can it last for...months? Is that possible? Because that's what I feel like mine is doing. I mean last EVERYDAY for MONTHS.

Anyone?

Golf4Life

Post by Golf4Life » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:54 am

My biggest fear in this whole anxiety mess is the unreal feelings. I can handle the panic attacks and the inner nervousness, but I hate the unreal feelings. It has become an obsession. I am always checking to see how things appear. It is very hard to drive (My most recent and worst panic attacks happened while driving). I try to tell myself they will not hurt me. They are just thoughts. They are disturbing but harmless. I will steal a quote from Dr. Claire Weekes - "If he was not so impressed by the feelings of unreality, they wouldn't stick." It takes time. Good Luck!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”