Feelings of Unreality - Where did I go???

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Willow5

Post by Willow5 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am

I am not new to anxiety and it's side effects and have recently re-discovered the terrible depersonalization symptoms. I'm doing my best to cope but am very down about it. The confusion, the fog, the feeling as if I'm in a bad dream or not even here at all. It's so hard to remain neutral and not feed the fear when I want to feel normal again! I could really use some encouragement now. How many have battled through this issue and lived to tell a happy tale? I don't want to be frightened, but I can't help it. Thanks....

chrit

Post by chrit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:29 am

I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Atleast with that part of the anxiety.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am

Hi Willow.

I did too, and it's great not to feel afraid anymore. Just keep working the program, you will get rid that anxiety too. :)

Willow5

Post by Willow5 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Any suggestions or helpful hints??? I do feel so lost inside and out...

gch11

Post by gch11 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi Willow,
I had this symptom really severe. I didn't think I would make it. I did just remember that it is a by-product of anxiety, and it will go away. So take heart and relex and be encourged you will be fine. :)

Kldrn

Post by Kldrn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Willow...
Keep working with the program, it will go away! Once you really get to understand your symptoms, it gets easier to ride it out, and then the feelings just stop coming. Maybe it will start to creep back in, but you'll remind yourself that it is just the anxiety and your mind being overwhelmed with sorting out too many thoughts, and it will quickly go away without worrying you. I definitely recommend doing the relaxation tape daily, I think it really helps to calm your mind. Until the symptoms clear for you, remind yourself that they cannot hurt you, nothing bad will happen to you, you will not pass out, you simply need to clear your mind and relax. I wish you well, believe in the program, it really works. I am in week 13 and having great results!

0604nikki

Post by 0604nikki » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:56 pm

I have delt with anxiety as long as I can remember. At my worst I was found huddled in a corner crying, I refused to leave the house. No one has ever tried to realy help me, they just get angry and give up on me. I know what its like to be afraid to live life. I realized today that there truly is nothing left to be scared of, I'v nearly lost everyone and everything I love. I think when we over come the fear and realize what do we have to lose by trying, keep going I believe it will eventually all make sence and we will find our medium, where people like us can be happy.
0604nikki

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Like the others, I just decided that I wouldn't be afraid anymore. I know that i'm alright. The doctors said so, the program said so, and after over 15 years of this-i'm still here. I must be alright. :)

Eat right, exercize everyday to release the sress, cut out the sugar and caffeine, and you're on your way to feeling better.

Don't fight these feelings. Just let them happen and know that you're alright. :)

Willow5

Post by Willow5 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to be brave, to keep in mind that these are just thoughts - bad thoughts- but thoughts none the less. It's been a tough day and I suppose I'm out of steam and patience. I do miss not being afraid and being comfortable in my own skin.It's a sad thing...

chrit

Post by chrit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Those are great ides from all the wonderful people and another thing that I did was find anything positve and focus. . . music and working out were my two biggest ones. I was soooooo amazed at how much better I felt after walking up a sweat on the treadmil. . . .. Anyone have advice on getting rid of thte Pure O, this is what has attacked me a couple days ago after watching the news and hearing about a man who killed his 3 children in the tub at the motel..... OMG!!! I have beeen having a terrible time since then . .

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”