totally freaking out

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
mack

Post by mack » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:22 pm

my ex called me yesterday and told me she thinks she has herpes. I go in today and sure enough so do I. I'm single now and this just seems too much to deal with. How am I ever gonna find someone who wants to deal with someone with so many issues. I haven't been this depressed and balling since I was hospitalized 6 years ago. I'm frozen with fear and sorrow.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:06 am

Hey dude, Hang in there. Herpes is very treatable. I know a couple that dealt with this a few years ago. They have two children and are very happy.

As far as your other issues, I've read many of your posts. I hope you are on meds for your depression. These are little problems that you are making into a mountain.

Please take a deep breath and deal with one thing at a time.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:02 am

thanks for your reply nervousfoot. I'm really down right now about it feeling its just another thing a woman won't want to deal with. I guess it would be a little different if I weren't single, but now I've got to have this damn conversation with a woman before we're intimate. Just feels like it would ruin any chance at a happy sex life again (one without condoms and oral sex). I hope I'm wrong and I know how many people have it but I'm not gonna lie and say it hasn't got me way way down.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 am

This is agreat opportunity to stop casual sex and wait until you are really in love. If you find someone who you really love and she loves you then it will not be an issue...I'm speaking from experience!!

This is simply a consequence of sin bro, but it's not the end of the road. Stop casual sex and wait until you find the woman you're going to marry! Again, speaking from experience. My wife and I are very happy and have two great kids. This is not a death sentence. In fact if you look at it Biblically, it's a blessing because it is a warning of things to come if you continue down the casual sex road.

Sorry if you think I'm talking judgmental because I'm not. The fact of the matter is it's the truth! Chin up bro! This can be a great thing for you (not the herpes, the opportunity to change your life). God loves you that much!

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 pm

can't be beat, you don't know me or my "sins". You don't know that my sexual life has been sinful or how close I was to the person who I got this from. I was very in love with her and I don't believe it's a sin out of wedlock, so please refrain from answering my posts with judgements of this sort.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”