obessive scary thought-schzio

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
tundra

Post by tundra » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm

after seeing the movie "a beautiful mind" years ago, i have this obessive thought that i'm going crazy and what if I develop schzio. I know this is crazy I dont hear voices or hullucinate but all my anxiety is built around this obessive thought. I developed anxiety years before the movie came out and before my anxiety was just general. After seeing the movie my anxiety thoughts switch to the scary thought about schzio. My anxiety usually last about 5 months when its bad and then goes away for months or years. It just really came back strong this year but I had some financial problems and I think thats the real root of my anxiety issues, change. Can anyone else relate to this obsessive thought?

MelMbrsl75

Post by MelMbrsl75 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 am

Good Morning Tindra. I can, It was not my main obsession, but thinking I had some sort of one of the "scary" disorders scared me to no avail. You must remeber that these are just thoughts you are having. :)
Melissa

Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow. ~Dan Rather

DerikForChrist

Post by DerikForChrist » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 am

Schizophrenics are certainly not worried that they're schizophrenic or about having fearful thoughts and trying to control fear feelings.

NoDoubt*Lover

Post by NoDoubt*Lover » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41 am

Schizophrenics think they are normal, they wouldnt be on an anxiety message board saying they are afraid of going crazy. Its just anxiety, thats it, let it go. Just say to yourself, its no big deal, its a new year coming up and im not going to waste my time thinking about something that wont even happen. This is waht I tell myself all the time. It Helps so much.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”