This is how I overcame my fear of going crazy!

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
NoDoubt*Lover

Post by NoDoubt*Lover » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:04 pm

Well im not scared of Multiple Personalities anymore, Ive come to the point where I say..."If I have it, then what?"....

Then I play out the situation in my head

"I would go get treatment and get better"

" I wonder How much would that cost? Lol" (I try and make it sound funny)

OR

"At least I still get to play guitar"

Then I go further

"If I got treatment I would keep living my life, nobody really dies from mental illness"

Then

"I would be happy that I overcame something like that"

Then

I would have a succesful, full life that revolves around my caring attitude and generous nature

Then..Then..It all turns out positive.I keep going..and Im not scared of that crap anymore. I get depresonalized yes, but thats a symptom of anxiety and im not scared. Having anxiety since I was born (I bit my fingernails when I was a toddler and was worried), I realize that its nothing more than that.

LindsayA

Post by LindsayA » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:16 am

Great post! I am kinda scared of being alone, espeically recently when I found out I have some iregular heart beat thing.. I am worried that I will be alone and I will not have anyone here to save me if something bad happens.. Of course my husband says that won't happen.. I am trying to just let go of it but it is hard when I think that I have to fly in a week and don't want it to happen on the air plane.. Of course I am still going unless Tuesday my doc says no... but I think I just need to give it all to God and relax on it.. I am trying but it is hard to get over it.. I have gone through the program and I am now back on this session because I am having a problem moving forward..

goodwillchic

Post by goodwillchic » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:47 am

NoDoubt*Lover
I'm so glad to hear that you aren't fearful of Multiple Personality Disorder anymore. I just read your first post on it from back in October and was about to personal message you to see if you wanted to talk about it. I went to school for psychology and that was one of the disorders I was most fascinated by. I am very impressed by your ability to use the 'positve what-if' exercise to help youself get over your fear of it. Isn't this program awesome?
Keep on keeping on!
Goodwillchic

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”