Derealization

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:56 pm

I was wondering I have the thoughts of nothing being familar to me I mean life in general. Every normal thing about life scares me and I feel Like I will be stuck this way in this feeling of unreality does anyone else feel this way please help. It really scares me I hope it is just anxiety. I feel like I might lose touch with reality forever. Can anyone relate Helen

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:17 pm

This feeling you are having is very common. Many times this feeling of derealization will just go away with time. People with anxiety are not crazy, insane, or ill in anyway. We are actually intelligent. We are overthinking everything, and over processing things in life. Anyone could be like us, worried all the time, thinking as much as we do everyday. Use your mind for the good, realize how smart you are, and overcome anxiety.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:49 am

I feel like that sometimes. It's not as bad as it used to be. I'm to the point now where I tell myself it's only my anxiety it will pass. Sometimes the stranger my thoughts I think about movies. What kind of werid movie it would make. that kind of takes my mind off of the whole Am I going crazy thought. But don't get scared . I know thats hard . Always remember it's your anxiety , it's normal it will pass . I hope I helped a little . jaime

Bees4me

Post by Bees4me » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 am

We are very creative people, Helen. When I come awake to a scenario in my head, I stop and say: Move over Steven Spielberg!!!!! These types of minds love it - as has already been explained in previous replies. It's our reaction to it that is the problem. Learn to observe/watch instead of reacting. Just allow the thoughts and feelings and they will come and go and become less intense. Soon you will notice you haven't had the thoughts in a long time - and that's because you chose to detach from what has been scaring you.

Keep practicing. You'll make it.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:21 pm

i have had so many scary syptoms from my anxiety but one that scares me most is myforgetfulness some times i do nnot know if somethng i saw or heard was yesterday or a weekago also sometimes it seems i cannot even remember certainthings from the previous day. is this common for anxiety please help

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:27 pm

Alex the things you are saying are common of anxiety because your mind is in a million places and probley a lot of it you are just freaking yourself out about everyone things to think twice if something was today or the day before. Relax with it and when the anxiety goes away so will your forgetfulness
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 pm

Helen, I am going through the same thing right now. I feel like I am not here at all. My memory is still fine, but I feel like I am going crazy. It is like watching myself in a movie. It feels like I just woke up 3 weeks ago this way, but I know anxiety has been in my life for years. I keep trying to wake up from this awful feeling, it is derealization and I hope it passes for you and for me. You can always email me, we can support each other through this awful nightmare. Talking to others can help us all!!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:20 am

Hi everyone, I have been reading all about derealization for the past few days because I just started experiencing it for about a week now. For the past few weeks I was very worried with a lump that I had felt so I finally went to the doctor and he confirmed that it was only a cyst and it was absolutely nothing to worry about. However, I tried to calm myself down and convince myself that it really was nothing but my body was just so anxious about the fact that I actually had a cyst. (I know it sounds dumb but my mind is too strong sometimes) Later that night I started feeling like I was in a dream and that nothing was real. My heart rate went up and I started breathing really fast, but I eventually calmed myself down because I knew I was just panicking. In this past week the only symptom I have had is the derealization and I am constantly thinking/worrying about it. Sometimes I just completely break down and wonder if it will ever go away and other times I convince myself that it has to go away with time. I know it is only a symptom of anxiety and that it cannot stay forever but as I said before, my mind tends to overpower my reason sometimes. Everyday is a struggle for me. I wake up asking myself "I wonder if I'll be able to make it through the day okay?" or "I wonder how bad it will be today?"

I have been reading a lot of stuff online and keep receiving a bunch of mixed advice. Some people say that their derealization has been completely cured and others say they have had it for years and sometimes even decades. I suppose I should mention that I have OCD and have had it my whole life, so I'm sure this is why I'm so obsessed and worried about this sensation. I just wish that the true cause of it was known so there could then be a cure for it, but I think my powerful, over-exahusted mind is the problem. I think that once I actually do calm down and start living my life again, it will go away 100%. I apologize for making my post so long, but I just wanted to share my story with others and wonder if anyone has any more advice for me.

Marc

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Hey, about 3 weeks ago after drinking a massive amount of energy drinks(red bull/monster/nos) about 3 a night and staying up tell 6 or 7 in the morning and playing video games. i had a horrible anxiety attack im not an anxious person by all means. and it was verry weird fealing basicly all the symptoms you could imagine. ^_^ and right during the midst of my anixety attack i started having vivid thoughts of the world not being real. asking myself ''how can i see things, how do i understand language, am i alive????'' after this happend it was a 24/7 thing untill i read what causes Derealization. ever since i found out its an off shoot of anxiety, and accepted it for that reason and nothing else. it has gotten quite better. its been a month, the first 2 weeks i sat in my room couldnt sleep watch tv or do anything besides smoke cigs and think about my crazy thoughts.!!! what i can say that has helped me a MASSIVE amount is that no matter how i feel i hang out with my friends i stay away from the comfurtable fealing of my room. i divert my thoughts by playing video games(world of warcraft) that game really helps because your compleatly focused on it. i drink alot of water/eat healthy vitamins. TREAT DEREALIZATION AS A SYMPTOM OF ANXIETY AND NOTHING ELSE. on the 4th week of derealization i still get the fealing but i can also still make my girlfriend/friends laugh and im starting to feel like my old self. i hope this helped some. you can AND WILL get better, dont read negative storys about derealization it will only make it worse. your not alone and if you have any questions please email/IM me. Email = Dustynreeves@yahoo.com aim = rattiska or valo916rolla GL and take care all.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”