Impatient

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Moontale

Post by Moontale » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:16 pm

I have a lot of obsessive thoughts and I am starting to be really aware of my negative thinking. I am aware of that more than ever to the point that I am all day listening to my own conversation, but is inmensily hard to break it. I am conciously trying to break it little by little, but Damm is hard and everybody tells me that I have to be patient and I just want to break it. How do you guys cope with the impatient issue

ScottC

Post by ScottC » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:13 am

The impatience is resistance, Moontale. Begin to accept the thoughts coming and going. Practice not attaching to them. Just allow them their passage. It's really no big deal if they come and go. (I realize it is a big deal to you but in truth if you do not make it a big deal they will come less frequently and often many of those thoughts will cease to come at all.)

Practice the above. Stop fighting them. They are nothing.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:56 am

What has helped me with the obessive thoughts is to focus on staying in the moment. I bring myself back to my present moment and I breathe. I tell myself there just thoughts and I try not to own them. They float in and I do my best to let them float out. If I am tired/stressed or just feeling negative, its much harder and I just try to get busy to distract myself. Sometimes just turing on the radio or my ipod and just singing out loud has helped to break the thoughts. I wish you well. Take care and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Ok, I will start doing that!!!!! God Bless you too.....Thanks:)

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”