Marriage Child Life

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
SongWriter

Post by SongWriter » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 am

My marriage is such a hasle. There is no attraction and we disagree on many things.
But the real thing that worries me is my beautiful child. When I say prayers with him at night he prays for good thoughts not bad thoughts. He also prays that 'bad buys don't come to the house..."
I have had this sort of OCD thinking and I pray to God he won't.
I know how won't. It just worries me.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:15 am

Hi SongWriter,
I'm so sorry you are having marital problems but you aren't alone in this matter of the heart. many people have posted about this subject and with all that we have to deal with already this just compunds our feelings all the more.

Also as a mother of 2 i can understand why you are concerned about your Son as we all want better lives for our children than the lives we had or have. it sounds as though your Son has all the right thoughts so far so you must be doing the right things with and for him. trust that the love you feel for him and the fact you don't want him to suffer with the same issues as you suffer with will keep you on the right track so far as how he portrays your actions and feels your love. All we can do is help ourselves work through our problems and in becoming healthier people in how we think and act it will make for a more positive enviroment for our children. As long as they know we love them, want the best for them, make sure they feel secure and special that's a good start to a happy, well rounded child. Lucinda makes mention of how she and her husband always told their 2 children how special and loved they were and how it made her 5 year old boy smile each time they said those words.

I believe you will do the very best for you and your son and take pride in the fact you are concerned about him.

Best Wishes To You!!
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”