Help me..get back to reality

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
aj85

Post by aj85 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:50 am

I'm on session 10 right now...the last couple of weeks haven't been to great..i'm having alot of obsessive scary thoughts..mainly about life..i'm feeling out of reality..disconnected..i'm questioning everything I have known as a kid..I'm questiong why were on earth..when i see myself in the mirror I start to scare my self..I tell myself..i'm walking breathing, talking..and trip myself out from these thoughts..everytime I get ahold of them..I tell my self you still have another 50 years of life...I feel reallie disconnected...I feel like I'm going crazy..does anyone else have these thoughts..has anyone overcome them?..any techniques you can offer me..Thank you

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:19 am

Hey aj85,

I have felt like this on and off for years. Same exact thoughts of going crazy and questioning everything in life and in the universe.

These thoughts and condition can be very overwhelming but remember, although they seem weird and confusing, they are only thoughts that are out of focus because of anxiety ot depression. The disconnected feeling is something called depersonalization or derealization (DP/DR for short)

This is very common with anxiety and depression. It dosen't mean you are crazy nor will you go crazy. At this time you are actually TOO SANE not insane. You have an awareness that insane poeple don't have.

I can send you some information I have on this subject that was a tremendous help to me and would be for you. Just send me a personal message on this site containing your email address I I will send you something that will help.

Take Care

Foot

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:03 am

Hi
I have been feeling like this as well, and would appreciate any feedback or help/hints you have, I dont feel depressed, just disconnected... all the time :(
Thanks,

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:24 pm

When you feel derealization its probably because you are not breathing so try the 6 steps....stop yourself when you start to freak out about the feeling by telling yourself that this feeling is just a symptom of anxiety, then do the breathing. Use the self talk.....It's just anxiety, I'm okay, it will pass, I'm just going to float through this, it will go away, etc....

As for scary thoughts, well first off, yes, you can overcome it. I had it real bad and with the skills I learned in lesson 10, I did overcome it. I was going through a stressful time in my life, and for me, the scary thoughts were really a distraction from what was going on in my life....once I moved through the changes in my life, the scary thoughts began to dissipate too. Now I've not had them for 2 years. One thing that I did that helped me was I listened to lesson 10 and lesson 8 each about 500 times. I had it in my car and on my Ipod. Whenever I got those thoughts, I listened to those lessons. Good luck, you can get over this....

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

the program could give you a little more anxiety at about session 8-10. if you are fallowing the program right and doing more it is just because you are getting better sometimes and facing the fears. continue to do what you do and you will be fine. I dont know if that is the problem but other have had it.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”