Obsessing about my body sensations

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
MarkBreethe

Post by MarkBreethe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:06 pm

Ain't this funny. We are in week 10 and my body sensation and twitches are twitching and I just realize it's the perfect time for me to learn to interrupt it. Can anyone recommend prior weeks that would be useful to review? It's a perfect time and I know I am making myself wrong for having these symptoms.

The feeling is like my leg wanna move dance, experience life, travel... who know. I am beginning to play with the idea my legs have a very funny way of talking with me, maybe it's morris code. LOL.

While I figure out this morris code thing... recommend a session to review. Thanks all.
Breethe

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:00 am

Mark,

I still have physical symptoms too. My right eye twitches. I feel tingly. I dizziness has gone away. I'll get a palpitation here and there (mild ones). I experience some other muscle twitching as well. I'm not afraid of it anymore. I recognize it as anxiety and as a call to action. Time to calm myself down. I would recommend going right back to the beginning. Session 2: putting an end to panic attacks. Another thing you can do is pinpoint why you might be anxious and gear the session you review that way. Are you angry, worried, what-if thinking, etc. Most of all though, don't be afraid just float with it.

Debbie

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:31 am

Mark - We must have at least 70 body sensations a day. Everyone does. When you focus on any one of them it gets "louder" and more dominant.

#1 - Body sensations will not hurt you. Not ever.
#2 - Allow the sensation and distract yourself. Just focus on what you are doing in the present moment.

Let it be OK one way or the other that these sensations are here. You won't have a panic attack just because you are experiencing these sensations. Welcome them and they will fade.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”