Socializing obsession

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Moontale

Post by Moontale » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:07 pm

I have this anticipatory anxiety everytime I am going to socialize and for some reason I hear people talking with double sense about me. I mean like threatening me that if I have to be nicer or something. Is definitely all in my head!! I starter reading an social anxiety book and is definitely me. My psicologist told me to practice getting into public buses to get used to peole.
I think is a great idea and I am going to work on it, the only thing that bothers me is that I feel that I am getting use to people judging me when I know is all in my head! is like getting use to that you are crazy, isn't it :) I mean I just have to have humor about it... Get use to the disaproval of myself :) and more I do it it will get better...right? is like learning to be compassionate to yourself? Is that what it takes to get out of this condition? Accepted what you have or eventually "It will really go away"?....How really works? Somebody!!

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi Moontale,

Since it would be dangerous to give advice about something that I know little about, I'd just like to offer my encouragement. I believe that there is a purpose to everything we go through n life... whether it be to allow us to have understanding for the pains of others or just to help us to become stronger. I sincerely hope that each step you take will help you become stronger and more capable of dealing with the challenge you've been given. Maybe you'll be able to help someone else through the same thing later.

Take care.
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank You for your encoragment!!, I know is hard to give an answer about this and I actually respect the fact that you are being honest...
Sometimes I feel is unfair I got this social anxiety which is horrible and involve other people instead getting something easier to cope by myself like not being able to drive or being afraid or something to do. But again, I am assuming is easier when I don't have any idea how somebody that has that fear feels. Yes, I guess it has to be a reason..and I will know in my time ahead. Thanks again!!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”