frightening thoughts

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
SisterCecelia

Post by SisterCecelia » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:47 am

I worry constantly that I overtake my medication in my sleep. PLEASE HELP. These thoughts seem so real and they are driving me crazy. They prevent me from doing things I enjoy and they make me really worried. How do I get rid of them?

Boon

Post by Boon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Allowing thoughts to come and go is your key to peace. You are resisting them right now. Breathe into the feelings but don't talk back to them and don't fight their presence. They are just thoughts and because they have a way of pushing your buttons, you experience adrenalin and other anxious symptoms perhaps. Now you are going to start to allow your thoughts to come and go as they please WITHOUT your attachment to them. Practice this daily as often as you can. You can say: "Oh, there you are." and then leave it at that. Bring your attention to what you are doing in the present moment. You'll get very good at this with continued practice. Don't give up. Welcome the thoughts. They can not hurt you.
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

Don57

Post by Don57 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:43 pm

A lot of how we think is learned, meaning we are conditioned over time to think a certain way. I wonder if getting a pill box that can hold a week or even a month's worth of daily dosages would help your brain become conditioned over time to thinking that you are protecting yourself from overdosage with the pillbox? That's what the box is for, so you don't have to remember on a daily basis whether or not you've taken your meds. If they aren't in the current day's box then you've taken them, if they are, then you haven't take them. Simple, but it provides security that you are taking the right amount daily and overtime it might help eliminate the frightening thoughts. Just a thought.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”