whats going on with me?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
starrr123

Post by starrr123 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:46 am

I have finished the program. during the program I was doing ok. but when i finished the program I had panic attacks almost every night. what is going on?
hopefull

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 pm

I would have to say just do the program again. If you're not anxious while you're practicing it then keep practicing it. It will become more and more second nature as you practice. Now all I have to do is practice what I preach, but if it's working for ya while you're doing it than do it. I know it's easier said than done, but that's just my view. Seek out some more views from people on here, they know what they are talking about. Best of luck

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:19 am

Hello!! I think that I'f we have been suffering from anxiety a long time we are very sensetive and we always have to think how lived our lives. I don't think it's finish only because we are finished the programme. We have to live our lives in a little "special" ways. From my point of view I think I been able to handle my anxiety without skills as soon as I felt better after the session three but when I get some problems not really very big one but problems who are normal in lieves I couldn't handle them without big anxiety. So now I know for me it's only to think about how I live my life. This is a thought for me I think I'm a person who react with anxiety as far as I have a problem and then the problem be to handle the anxiety and I get depressed. I don't think I been cured from the anxiety but everyday I must be calmed, nice to myself and so on with the skills from the programme. ( Maybe I'm wrong, but I compared it somehow the same like an alcoholic who say they are a sober alcoholic) Maybe It sounds silly. Love from Moa!!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 am

I think you're probably "what-iffing" right now. "what do I do now", "what if I can't survive now without the program", "what if I start feeling bad again after I've finnished the program", etc...

You will be fine. Now you can do the lessons that you need the most. Go back to those lessons that'll help you get through certain thing. I think you should work on your self talk. You are probably telling yourself some negative stuff that you're unaware of. Go and listen to the other lessons too, you will notice a lot that you didnt the first time around. You know what you need, just use the tools.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:12 am

It was suggested that once we complete the program to go thru it again. I went thru it three times and refer to it often. The second time I went thru it I picked up things I missed the first time around. I'm dealing with any anxiety in a much healthier way now.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”