PMS

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
pinkeetoz

Post by pinkeetoz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:03 am

For the last three months I have been tracking the date of which I believe my PMS rares up. I have pinpointed when it starts and cannot even begin to say how much worse my anxiety and depression are at this time. Anyone find ways to make this time easier? pinkee

beyond

Post by beyond » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:49 am

I take some Pamprin, listen to the relaxation a lot, watch funny movies, and I tell myself that this is just pms mixed with anxiety, and I wait it out because it always pass.

It feels horrible but it does get better as the anxiety gets better. Every single month I was miserable with PMS but now that my anxiety is a lot better, I have some struggle with the extra symptoms, but sometimes I don't even realize i'm having PMS. So it does get better.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:36 am

What helps me is exercise and cutting put sugar.
Sugar makes me cranky and tired. The exercise gives me that good endorphin high and helps to metabolize adrenaline.

PMS sucks basically and we all do the best we can.

I deal with dizziness and during that time my dizziness is so much worse : (

Coco : )

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am

Coco, you are certainly correct on the lightheadness/ dizziness. It gets unbearable sometimes. If it weren't for the lightheadness, I think I could handle anxiety.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am

Thanks for the replies.

The dizzieness that you two are referring to, is this from anxiety?

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:17 am

Yes, and it's the worse symptom of all! But that's just my opinion. :)

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:45 pm

I am still confused as to what is stress and anxiety and what is not. I consulted with an "anxiety expert" her feeling was it was a peri menopause issue not anxiety. SOOOO confusing!!!

Coco : )

lost_1

Post by lost_1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks! Anymore of you out there that can chime in on what works for PMS?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Well basically PMS gets worse because believe it or not you have LESS estrogen at this time and more crazy chemicals running through your body. All in all the lake of estrogen actually causes MORE anxiety in your body. So exercising is great because you up the endorphins in your system making you feel good. So exercise away! I try to stay away from chocolate, sugar, you know....all the things you WANT when your at that time. But that tends to help you sleep better. Have you looked into teas? There are some wonderful soothing teas out there that you can help to maintain your PMS. A very subtle comfortable way to look into relief. Check out this site and research some herbs <A HREF="http://www.localharvest.org/pms-stress-tea-C4468" TARGET=_blank>http://www.localharvest.org/pms-stress-tea-C4468</A>. I have friends that swear by teas too get them through PMS and life. I hope this help! Also, know that you are NOT alone in this one. My PMS flares up and the anxiety gets TERRIBLE! But the comfort is that your PMS will eventually end and the discomfort will as well.
Best,
Emilie

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:42 pm

I am the PMS Queen!! Just ask my boyfriend. Mine comes about 2 weeks before my period. I get so bad. I was diagnosed with PMDD and my DR gave me YAZ for it but for me it does not work )-: I hear that omega 3 fish oil helps. I take my Ativan during my pms. I get pretty severe. I feel like i different person. My anxiety and depression go through the roof. I hate it so much. I am thinking about getting off the Yaz and going back on ortho tri cyclin LO that i used to be on. Anyway, i also do crave sugars like crazy during pms and im sure however much you stay away form sugar during oms the better. Theere is also some herbal supplements you can take too. I hear that anti depressants supposedly help pms too though I am on some right now and it hasn't helped me. I think i am just a rare case LOL. Good luck

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”