Intense thoughts- full of anxiety, fear and depression

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
valleyshadows

Post by valleyshadows » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi im new here and i have had anxiety for a year and a bit now it started from panic attacks then fear and worry to obsessive thoughts and dr dp. This is going to sound strange but this is my obbsessive thought. I keep thinking or wondering how the mind works, how i am able to think of things, picture images in my head and just everything to do with the mind and brain. Its been about 3 months that i started constanly thinking that way. It may sound not that bad but its very intense and scary as hell. It just feels like these thought are too much for my mind to handle and one day im going to go crazy from this obsessive thought. I have had a fear of going crazy for awhile now but with this constant thought about my mind and brain and how its able to function, its doubled my fear. any responses would be great thanks
MV

Ivyheart <><

Post by Ivyheart <>< » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:43 am

It doesn't sound strange, not at all. Everyone has their own obsessive thoughts. Are you doing the program? If so have you listened to cd 10? Have you been going through a stressful time lately? I want to encourage you to believe that you are not going crazy! You have anxiety and it is a scarey and a real feeling. You can overcome it! I pray you get the program if you haven't already. I am on cd 10 right now, and it has been so helpful. Your thoughts are just scary thoughts....they are your minds way of distracting yourself from something that is going on in your life that you don't want to deal with. Take the baby steps...and believe that you can get better! As Lucinda's program says don't let these scary thoughts scare you. It's going to take time but you can do it!

God Bless you and lead you!

Ivy

believein me

Post by believein me » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:12 am

the way i deal with my mind is to push all the negetive thoughts out of my mind and replace them with positive thoughts. I know it sounds easier than doing it. but with time, you'll replace all those negative thoughts with positive ones. Just pray to God for help and guidance, and he will help you through this battle.

good luck and god bless

Yellow Rose

Post by Yellow Rose » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:48 am

Pick up a copy of this book Hope and Help for Your Nervesby Dr. Claire Weekes It is a small book full of all kinds of things you need to know on how your mind works and how to float thru nervous feelings.
Before you do anything, ask yourself..."How do you want to be remembered?"

mrcuyahoga

Post by mrcuyahoga » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:45 am

Im going through something similar. Im having weird thoughts of wanting to have out of body experiences and wanting to be other people. Im going mad! I hope it ends soon.

LisaGD

Post by LisaGD » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi there,

Everyone's obsessive thoughts are different because our minds latch on to whatever scares us the most. Isn't it awful?? None of you are going crazy but our thoughts make us believe the worst of ourselves. Please try not to give these thoughts any credence. Once you stop yourself from being frightened by the thoughts, they tend to lose their intensity. This is tough to do, but keep practicing.

Here are some other suggestions:
1. Laugh at the thoughts.
2. Write your thoughts down and read them over.
3. Distract yourself with something that you like to do - a funny t.v. program, crosswords, cleaning, etc.
4. Read the book, The Imp of the Mind, by Lee Baer, PhD. This book is exclusively about the pure obsessional type of OCD. I do caution you, though, to read the book for its therapeutic purposes. If you're in a high OCD spin, you may not want to read it just yet because you may start with the what if's even more.

Most important, don't be afraid to post here. One of the best methods of combatting these thoughts is to share them with others - talk about them because believe me, we've all been there! :)

Hugs,
Lisa

valleyshadows

Post by valleyshadows » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Thank you LisaGd, good post, its strange when around 11AM comes my thoughts are pretty good, i feel pretty normal but its the rest of the day thats just filled with dread, awfull scary feelings of anxiety to the point that i have to lay down because i feel depressed from my obsessive thought. When my obsessive thought comes on hard i can almost feel my seretonin drian out.
MV

mary k

Post by mary k » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:10 am

i'm like that certain times of the day. but also know this about me there is a positve side about me. is that those negative thoughts can replace with positive if your doing positive things. and basically changing the way you do things. and stay busy and get to know new people and positive people. and go to church you can't get any positive than church. it's helping me. not all at once. but everyday its better.
mary

Tango777

Post by Tango777 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:22 am

Hi Valley,

Yes, you are alright just full of obsessive thoughts. Its anxiety triggering it. But trying to make them leave only causes them to hang around. The more you fear them the more they hang around. Try and think like this if you can. God created the mind to work as He created it. We don't understand everything and will not even if we think on it forever. So don't waster your time on tying to figure it out. Just say to yourself God created me and my mind and He will keep it going and I don't have to know how or why. Let it go. Then try and think of what you are really worrying about instead of distracting yourself with scary thoughts. Hope this helps and I agree get Dr. Clair Weekes books they are wonderful.
Sandra

s123

Post by s123 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 am

Hi Valley,
I just wanted to respond to let you know that I have had the same type of thoughts and they are very scary. But how I think of it is that so many people are curious about the mind and how it works. Scientist and drs do it for a living. We just like to scare are self about it. You need to keep doing the relaxation tape and calm yourself down. I tell myself that my mind it working properly and I've never gone insane. I hope this helps you!!!

Think Positive!!!!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”