Horrible thought / dream

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
LynnG

Post by LynnG » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:06 pm

To give you history I have been having issues w/ my husband & do not want or desire to have sex w/ husband right now. I have told myself that I don't need to do things for him just because he wants me too ..I have done that far too long & have put an end to it !
I have been pondering leaving the bad relationship for years , but .. that is a different subject .
My biggest fear is a divorce hurting or affecting my kids .
Anyway I wake during the night to the horrible dream that since I will not have sex w/ him he is having sex w/ our 15 year old daughter !!!!
I have no idea where it came from but it scared me enough to have sex w/ him the next morning out of pure fear !!
Not that it would happen & I do think I realize that but this was the verify worst thing that I could think of that would happen out of not having sex w/ me .. not that he would leave or cheat w/ another adult .
I find it so distrubing & now I am upset w/ myself for how I reacted to the Horifying nightmare !!

Help! -

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Lynn,

Here is a link to another discussion on scary thoughts.

http://bbs.stresscenter.com/ev...472/m/4691056423/p/1

Alot in this thread has to do with violent scary thoughts but sexual scary thoughts are another major form of intrusive thoughts. Dreams/thoughts of committing incest or homosexual (if straight), or vice versa are common.

Lucinda says obsessive scary thoughts occupy our mental attention instead of the real issue.

Feeling disturbed by the thoughts/dreams is unfortunately part of this ugly form of anxiety. Try and not feel upset with yourself at your reaction. You reacted to an disturbing image. My friend had a dream he hurt his wife and for so long never set close to her and a sharp object.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 am

Thank you for the kind words & thanks for the link in the past discussion. I don't want this fear & my reactions to keep me from moving forward in my life !!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”