Negative People coming to Mind

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Wretched mind

Post by Wretched mind » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:41 am

Im not on sesh 10 yet...but this topic fits this category.Does anyone ever think about negative people and get those sensations and twitches everytime you do...could be anyone,someone who may have physicly hurt you or tryed...someone who plots or talks bad about you ext...i have this problem its like why would i wanna think about them...but still they come to mind.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:03 am

I had similar thoughts when I got to session 10 and 11. I think by these sessions we've become so aware of the negative impact of negative thoughts it may bring up these things. I'm letting them pass as a reminder to keep working on my own stuff.

natalief

Post by natalief » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:43 am

I used to avoid those people like the plague, but now I relish a chance to practice on them. I try to think of something funny when I see them coming or pretend like I've just won the lottery and I'm so bubbly and giggly they just keep on walking. There's also my old standbye--the ipod. Nothing says I don't want to talk to you like a pair of headphones :D. Whatever you do don't let them affect you, then they have the power.

Post by Guest » Thu May 01, 2008 6:49 am

i tend to do that. i'll just start thinking about people who i don't like, worrying about being around them, and get a really uneasy feeling. i know that i shouldn't be worrying about the person because they're not thinking about me, it's annoying.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”