More odd happenings

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
Calm before the Storm

Post by Calm before the Storm » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:19 am

I was lying in bed this one night and, I might have been half asleep when this happened, but I heard this realy odd noise in my head. Alright, (let me put it this way) you know the sound a tape-recorder makes when it's either rewinding or fast-forwarding? That's what I heard. I woke up with a start!
Again , I don't know if it was a sub-concious thing or what. But that sound was as clear as anything. Pretty odd stuff.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:42 am

I'm not trying to diagnose you in anyway and please don't take what I say that way, but after studying psychology for 45 hours of graduate school, and after reading numerous books and going through therapy and talking to doctors, I can definitely tell you that you can give no clinical significance to anything that you hear or see upon falling asleep or just waking up:). These are known as hypnogogic hallucinations-hallucinations that happen upon falling asleep or waking up or dosing off, and all of us have them:). If you went to a psychiatrist and told them that his happened when you were probably halfway asleep, I promise you they would say the same thing. Hope this helps:), and God Bless You

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”