Can anyones explain why?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
9oclockreservation

Post by 9oclockreservation » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:45 pm

I biggest symptoms its dizziness.Why when I do things that I felt dizzy before,dizziness spills I fell by doing the exact same things? It seems my subconscious it register my dizzy felling an every time I do the same exact thing I fell that. Why ?

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:23 am

I suspect the answer is because you've trained yourself to expect it. Even if you aren't already feeling dizzy when you're doing whatever activity that causes the feeling, your mind is probably scanning your body looking for the feelings. And with the slightest indication that you don't feel quite right, you start to worry about feeling dizzy and this just brings the feelings on stronger. Does this sound about right? It's certainly something that I constantly do to myself.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:34 am

Yes Searunner that's exactly what I do to my self. Some point during the day I realize I wasn't dizzy for a little bit, I start to ask my self why I wasn't fell dizzy. How I can break this bad way of scare my self? Thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:04 pm

When you get the thought, you just awknowledge that you are "looking for the dizzy feeling" and tell yourself its just a thought and that its okay to have the thought. Thoughts can't hurt you and either can dizziness. Allow the thought to be there and don't get scared of it, and eventually it will pass. Keep practicing and it will eventually come less often. It takes time to become comfortable with those unwanted thoughts, but with practice it does happen.

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”