My fears and will they ever go away?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
HAPPYTOBEME

Post by HAPPYTOBEME » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:01 am

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic since the age of 21 and I an 26 now. I have my good days and I have my bad days. These are some of the fears and thoughts that I have. What if I go crazy?
What if im out somewhere and just forget who I am?
What if I have a panic attack while out with friends and I have to leave?
What if I wake up one morning and just decide that I want to die? (Im not suicidal at all!!!)
What if this unreal feeling that I get when my anxiety is at is at its worse wont go away. I have a hard time dealing with sometimes. No matter what how had the thoughts and the feeling are. I alway make throught the day with my sanity. Any advice would be greatly appreciated to deal with these thoughts. I do own the program but a little insight would be helpful. Thanks
These are just some of the fears that I have

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:28 am

Hi!!
Your fears are just that FEAR!!!
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
I too sometimes, they come and go, where I feel very fearful. I have gone througgh the program and LOVE it! However, We are breaking a bad habit and that is soemthing that may take longer.
I find that if I have a day where I feel a bit anxious, I blow it up. I iimmedialtely go to the what if's???
Like for instance, this past week withthe whole Heath Ledger thing, I have been readign about it all the time,and wondering why? what happened> how does his family feel?, what happend? and then guess what I FEEL IT and it's not even my life or problem that is causing it.
It's so silly and this is what we do to ourselves.
I too have thoughts like, why would someone want to kill themselves? what if one day I wanted to?
I know i never would. I am notsuicidal. the owrd just freaks me out!!!!!
the whole situation freaks me out.
Bu taht is it! Fear!
My advice is do not let it get to you. Pull out the positive negative cd and teh ehat if and scary obsessive thughts. It iwll help.
Just get back on track!
You will

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:43 am

Ld26angell, This whole Heath Ledger thing has really freaked me out too. Because I take alot of the meds they say were around them. I have tried to stop listening to the news. I just started this program 10 days ago, and am going to stick with it. anybody out there with same scary thoughts and anxiety and sleep problems please contact me.
JamiDee

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:08 am

JamiDee,
One thing that may help with Heath Ledger is that we don't really know what happened to him until the autopsy reports come back. None of the medications that were around him are medications that normally cause sudden death. I know that with Xanax, it's almost impossible to overdose. As long as you take your medications as prescribed, then you are not in the same boat. Heath Ledger admitted that he was prescribed Ambien, and when one pill didn't work, he took more than prescribed. I really liked Heath Ledger though, and it is a sad, but we really don't know for sure what happened to him. There are reports of the rolled up $20.00 bill that some say could have been used for snorting something.
As far as your scary thoughts, I just want to tell you all, that you can be healed. Right now, I am experiencing miraculous recovery:)! I don't know what all it is, but this program was definitely one of the methods of healing, consistent excercise over the past two years has really changed my brain chemistry, and one of the biggest things is just seeing God as a loving God who does value us and does answer prayers. Just loving yourself, and being patient and talking to yourself the right way. These obsessive thoughts really are just distractions and it's so much easier for me to talk myself out of them now, and we need to learn to rest and take care of our selves. Please make sure to get enough sleep to let your body physically calm down. It does help, but for me, I just really think that lining myself up with God and not telling lies to myself helps. These obsessive thoughts are just us lying to ourselves. Someone on here mentioned Claire Weeks' books, and I think they are extremely helpful. I am telling you that I thought I was the worst of the worst, and I am the mother of a son with severe autism. I couldn't go out on blue days because I depersonalized, and I had trouble just traveling in a car even with someone else driving and I couldn't be alone, and I had all of the horrible thoughts you're talking about. It probably will take time, but it can and does happen. I also see other people on here come back a few years later and tell of their successes. You really can be healed. You really aren't the worst. I am just so amazed at my successes lately after years of thinking that I wouldn't be helped and thinking there was no hope. I just learned to accept myself where I was while doing this program and other healing things, and that was the key to helping me calm down. Just accept yourself where you are. It's not the same as giving up. You just don't beat yourself up, and continue to do healing activities for yourself. You let the fact that whether or not you have anxiety you still have value. YOU HAVE VALUE NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!:) I hope something in here helped:), and there is most definitely hope:)!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 am

luvpiggy, thank you for your response
JamiDee

LynnG

Post by LynnG » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:13 am

Luv Piggy ,
That was a wonderful story!
For me, I find that once I say to myself, "I am feeling so much better and I am over certain scary thoughts", that is when I begin to experience the scary symptoms and thoughts.
=)
I also tend to read things that I knowill bother me, like scary news stories, It seems silly I know, but I think it's my ways of really seeing if I can handle it and if I am better.
The most important thing I have taken from this amazing program is that we all have a CHOICE!
I choose what stories to read, what situations that I want to be a part of and what feelings I want to feel. That is the most imprtant and comforting thing ever! I d on't think I could have ever seent aht before.
I have coem so far and I am contiuing on to become even better. There are still news stires, like I aid, that still bother me, but they would bother anybody. and the other thing is < I have to seperate myself from those stories. That is NOT me, I am a compltely different person and I know who I am and I love eho I am and becoming!
Its a great journey!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:03 am

SOME OF MY FEARS ARE; WHAT IF I DIE, HOW WILL MY FAMILY HANDLE THIS? WHAT IF EVERYONE FIND OUT ABOUT MY CONDITION, AND START LAUGHING AT ME ABOUT IT? WHAT IF I NEVER GET BETTER, AND I AM STUCK LIKE THIS? :?

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”