anxiety for no reason?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
heyJoe

Post by heyJoe » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:55 pm

Hi I was wondering if any one else experiences this? I have pangs of anxiety or my tummy sinking for no apparent reason . Someone will say something , anything and I wIll feel like Im going to have a panic attack . I try to figure out what it is that they said or I may have heard to make me feel anxious but it doesnt make any sense. I know I am anxious most of the time and I find myself being frightend by things that I would never have been afraid of before. Its like life in general scares me now , things that I would never have given a second thought before I find myself analyzing. The thing is I would try to be more specific if I could but I dont realy understand myself . Can anyone help with this?

thanks Jackie

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Yup! Been there and still at times revisit it. It is generalized anxiety, anxiety that happens for no reason, it is out of the blue. Sometimes I get it now and again, it is like an engine idling, low tremors of anxiety. I do not let it bother me. I have a little now because I have a huge test at school on Thursday along with a sinus infection. I know this feeling is not going to hurt me. You just have to tell yourself that this feeling will not hurt you. What you are feeling is scaring you because it really is not clear what you are anxious over, you are not in control nor can you figure it out. I can't so I just let it do its thing. If you keep dwelling, it will scare you more because you are searching for a reason and can't find one. Just let it go. It used to be really bad before for me, but now a little anxious feelings are understandably normal. It is normal to feel nervous or even excited, which I used to get the 2 confused. This is normal to feel this way, just know that feeling this way will not harm you. What you are afraid of is the actual fear you are feeling, which in turn creates more fear, releases more adrenaline and the cycle snowballs and gets larger. Pick up any Claire Weekes books, (Hope and Help for your Nerves, Peace from Nervous Suffering). Those Claire Weekes book are so helpful and will bring a deeper understanding of what you are experiencing. You are not alone, many of us have been through this. It can be frightening, but I wish I would have realized that my fear would never hurt me much sooner than I did. Warm wishes, LizB
Last edited by ~*schnauzermom*~ on Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

heyJoe

Post by heyJoe » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:02 am

thanks schnauzermom. I hope your test goes well for you and are felling better. thank you for your reply I will check out these Caire weeks books for sure. The feeling of not knowing why I was anxious was really scaring me, sometimes I feel like I will never be normal again., like it went to far this time ,and I really am losing it . I know that our feelings lie to us when were going through this and it is hard to keep yourself positive. or even belive yourself sometimes. I dont know about everyone else , but I sure have problem with positive self talk .I feel like a phoney . I guess its because Ive ben so negative for so long. but I will keep plugging along. thanks again.

Jackie

MzzRoda

Post by MzzRoda » Tue May 02, 2006 2:30 am

The only reason that you feel this way, is that you are living in the flesh. The flesh is never satisfied and will never be and will find anything to MESS U UP mentally, then it hits emotionally, and may end up killing you physically if you are not careful. This is being said through a spiritual standpoint since I am a Christian and know that the enemy and it's evil forces haunt us whenever we go and know the weaknesses of our flesh. If you have God's word in you, NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER..so whenever you hear or see something or do something yourself and feel anxious, worried, or regrettful about it.. remmember that we must fight the flesh and conquer the evil forces, not with our mind, but with words. Say to your self, the verses i had stated before, or look in the word for more of God'd promises and it will set you free...for "WHO THE SON SETS FREE, IS FREE INDEED!"
May God Bless You and Give You peace that surpasses all understanding..
Rodalyne David

ZZGrl

Post by ZZGrl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 am

Ohhhkkaay :roll:, anyways I feel the same way I feel anxious for no reason and then nauseous and I think being nauseous makes me feel even more anxious. I have IBS so I always feel nauseous whenever I get upset, though. It creates a viscious cycle. Its just been happening over the past few weeks, I get a feeling that something is wrong in the middle of the day. Or I wake up and I can't go back to sleep because I feel like there is something wrong, like I am late for a test or something, but I don't even have a test. Its not so serious that I feel like I am having a full blown panic attack its just unsettling and worrying. I am in my first year of college and we are nearing the end of the semester so do you think maybe its a stress reaction to the change in environment or a fear of impending finals (even though I am doing really well in all my classes)? I have also been drinking boba (tapioca) tea everyday could that have caused it?

Emilie

Post by Emilie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:01 am

Hey, to each their own on religion. I don't know about you, but when people say "evil" and "anxiety" in the same sentence it tends to make me more anxious. HAHA, imagine that!

I'm writing to share my knowledge on what I've learned from my own anxiety. I can help when it comes to why you feel sick, or pit of the stomach sick. A panic attack causes the fight or flight response. It's a miss-firing of information in your brain, sensing danger that isn't there. So this is the way your symptoms go.
Something tells your body your in danger in your brain. REACTION:
1.your blood rushes to your muscles. Ever notice a cold sensation in your hands or feet? This can also cause dizziness etc. By leaving the main organs and re-directing to your muscles, your body is preparing to use those muscles to their fullest ability. In the process of leaving your major organs for this reason it stops digestion causing stomach upset. This can cause nausea and vomiting due to such an abrupt stop to your digestive system.
2. Next your adrenaline kicks in. This is the icky rushing sensation. (It's funny to me because I know SO many who LOVE this feeling, and I HATE it. Which leaves me off the roller costers:)). This is all pushed towards your muscles as well (this is how people can lift up cars in danger.)

The ONLY way for your body to go through this process is by you adding oxygen to the mixture. As you'll notice your breathing has increased. The only way for your body to get the energy to do this is to breath harder. To STOP the fight or flight process do a breathing exercise that takes in less oxygen not allowing your body to continue this process. There are many different breathing techniques. I usually breath into my diaphragm for four slow counts through my nose and breath out for four small counts through my mouth, and pause for for small counts. After doing this a few times I can feel a warmness in my hands and feet showing me that my blood is flowing back to it's normal place, and I begin to feel calm.
3. IBS, goes hand and hand with anxiety. They are buddies :). The explanation for this would be that any time you feel upset your body also releases all of it's bowels. Gross, I know, but when it does this it's actually preparing for your own survival. Your body has a natural instinct to rid itself of your bowels to protect you just in case you have any type of wound to your stomach in danger. If you were full of poop (yucky) then you would likely die of a bacterial infection in the case of a stomach wound. So when you get nervous, or any sort of jarring emotion, your organs literally spasm causing diarrhea.

SO, I know I've said allot, but I want to share this as it brings comfort to me to know that we are all just simply human. We have natural instincts that we don't practice in our everyday life, like hunting, gathering food, or being faced with dangerous situations. I say that as people with panic, we would make an AWESOME caveman/woman. So know that stomach upsets, or diarrhea are just simply normal body functions when dealing with anxiety. And ZZGrl, yes, you are more then likely dealing with some stress right now. Just reading "end of semester" brings my anxiety level up. No worries, as your stress will diminish. Just try to relax as best you can. HEY, I always say "It's doing wonders for my figure!" hahahaha. I hope that my information helped. I have learned this through doctors throughout my ten years of anxiety disorder. I'm not saying I have the cure, but it has always helped me to be filled with knowledge on how to deal with anxiety.
God bless you all, and may we all get through this with support and love.
Emilie

Danilo88

Post by Danilo88 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:48 am

Lately I have been getting anxiety for no reason. It bothers me a bit since I was doing so well but I suppose I just have to deal with it and do my best not to let it scare me. Maybe it is more annoying than it is scary anyway. :?
-------------------------

May all your dreams come true; may all your troubles fade away...

nobutan

Post by nobutan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Thx Emilie, your shared information and advice really helps me. I just ran into this forum when searching "anxiety for no reason." I thought this was not normal and I need to see a psychiatrist. I also have IBS, but not always with diarrhea.

ArtIsMyEscape

Post by ArtIsMyEscape » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 am

Originally posted by Emilie:
Hey, to each their own on religion. I don't know about you, but when people say "evil" and "anxiety" in the same sentence it tends to make me more anxious. HAHA, imagine that!

I'm writing to share my knowledge on what I've learned from my own anxiety. I can help when it comes to why you feel sick, or pit of the stomach sick. A panic attack causes the fight or flight response. It's a miss-firing of information in your brain, sensing danger that isn't there. So this is the way your symptoms go.
Something tells your body your in danger in your brain. REACTION:
1.your blood rushes to your muscles. Ever notice a cold sensation in your hands or feet? This can also cause dizziness etc. By leaving the main organs and re-directing to your muscles, your body is preparing to use those muscles to their fullest ability. In the process of leaving your major organs for this reason it stops digestion causing stomach upset. This can cause nausea and vomiting due to such an abrupt stop to your digestive system.
2. Next your adrenaline kicks in. This is the icky rushing sensation. (It's funny to me because I know SO many who LOVE this feeling, and I HATE it. Which leaves me off the roller costers:)). This is all pushed towards your muscles as well (this is how people can lift up cars in danger.)

The ONLY way for your body to go through this process is by you adding oxygen to the mixture. As you'll notice your breathing has increased. The only way for your body to get the energy to do this is to breath harder. To STOP the fight or flight process do a breathing exercise that takes in less oxygen not allowing your body to continue this process. There are many different breathing techniques. I usually breath into my diaphragm for four slow counts through my nose and breath out for four small counts through my mouth, and pause for for small counts. After doing this a few times I can feel a warmness in my hands and feet showing me that my blood is flowing back to it's normal place, and I begin to feel calm.
3. IBS, goes hand and hand with anxiety. They are buddies :). The explanation for this would be that any time you feel upset your body also releases all of it's bowels. Gross, I know, but when it does this it's actually preparing for your own survival. Your body has a natural instinct to rid itself of your bowels to protect you just in case you have any type of wound to your stomach in danger. If you were full of poop (yucky) then you would likely die of a bacterial infection in the case of a stomach wound. So when you get nervous, or any sort of jarring emotion, your organs literally spasm causing diarrhea.

SO, I know I've said allot, but I want to share this as it brings comfort to me to know that we are all just simply human. We have natural instincts that we don't practice in our everyday life, like hunting, gathering food, or being faced with dangerous situations. I say that as people with panic, we would make an AWESOME caveman/woman. So know that stomach upsets, or diarrhea are just simply normal body functions when dealing with anxiety. And ZZGrl, yes, you are more then likely dealing with some stress right now. Just reading "end of semester" brings my anxiety level up. No worries, as your stress will diminish. Just try to relax as best you can. HEY, I always say "It's doing wonders for my figure!" hahahaha. I hope that my information helped. I have learned this through doctors throughout my ten years of anxiety disorder. I'm not saying I have the cure, but it has always helped me to be filled with knowledge on how to deal with anxiety.
God bless you all, and may we all get through this with support and love.
Emilie
this is amazing, it sounds exactly like what happens when i have a panic attack. its abselutly terrifying thinking you have no control. the main problem i have is that when i have a panic attack out of nowhere is i dont know why. making me play out different scenarios in my head. like im dieing or going to die because i cant think of any other reason why its happening and i dig myself into a deeper hole with panic. The last few days ive been having them out of nowhere and they are very intense. i was wondering if high blood pressure could bring on one? im the kind of person that will worry myself to death until i know why @_@ or have a logical reasoning for my mind to rest on for relief. but everyone posting here makes me feal like im not alone and that its more normal then i let on, putting my mind at ease some. :)

ArtIsMyEscape

Post by ArtIsMyEscape » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:33 am

Originally posted by Danilo88:
Lately I have been getting anxiety for no reason. It bothers me a bit since I was doing so well but I suppose I just have to deal with it and do my best not to let it scare me. Maybe it is more annoying than it is scary anyway. :?
I know exactly how you feal. For the past 9 months ive been doing so good managing my anxiety. maybe like having 1 every month. but the past 3 days ive had one every day and they are very intense. just know your not alone :] just like people who are trying to quit drugs im sure there are time when you slip a little. just dont let it get you down, worrying will only make it worse as ive found out from expereince. just keep moving forward :D

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”