Is somebody watching me? Who's here?

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
SouthBend

Post by SouthBend » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:45 pm

This is how I feel and I'm hurting from it. This is how I've felt for so very long, I just can't shake the feeling.
Please help

Post by » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 pm

southbend,
yousaid this is how i feel and did not tell how you feel. it would help us alot to know a little something about you..are you in the program now..do you have panic or anxiety of other things that bother you..take care and hope to hear from you soon..
don

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:15 pm

I'm in the program, and I think a lot of my feeling comes from not wanting people to see who 'I' really think I am, even if I haven't done anything wrong.

I also think some of it has to do with work, I swear, some in the business world want you to feel like you're being watched, even if it decreases productivity.

In the end though, I still feel like everybody is staring at me.

p.s. I think you misinterpreted my thread. The purpose of the threads title is to say 'I feel like I'm being watched all the time'.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:41 pm

You mention your feelings...always Remember Feeling aren't Facts. What are the FACTS? We sensitive people tend to react and think only from the feelings side of our brain...part of recovery is to balance the feelings with the facts...our heart with our brain...

I think you are probably correct- you don't want to be noticed. This could have a great deal to do with self esteem - have you thought about social anxiety? It might help to discuss this with a therapist to see if an objective person could suggest some different ways of looking at your thoughts.

It would help to design some positive thoughts for each time you think someone is watching you... "I am a good and worthy person. Anyone can see that I give every effort to all that I do. I am a good worker and a good person. I can decide what I want to think about/what I wish to dwell on." Saying it over and over and over - being a broken record each time will program you with the truth rather than the worry.

My best wishes to you...Carolyn

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”