HELP - Is it possible to just STOP breathing, scared to death.

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
JAK777

Post by JAK777 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:25 am

Hi I have the exact same problem it is so scary... i am only young so i feel like i have to be with my mum all the time ... my advice is do not worry ... the more you worry the worse your'll feel ... try and do something that can take your mind of it ... I have been told the same thing by lots of differant people so it just shows there not lieing ... just dont worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAK7

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 am

I do you not worry when it's such a horrible habit. It's no differnt than alcoholism or any other addiction. I've wasted this entire day worrying and procrasinating. Well, guess better days will come.

meme22

Post by meme22 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 am

i know what u mean i feel like i have no future, i just think my body is abnormale and i will stop breating.

kitty123

Post by kitty123 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:51 am

im affraid that im going to stop breathing pass out and die and i think my brain will forget to breath and i stop breathing all day i suffer thinking bout this and i mess up my own breathing cycle can any one please help me give me some good advice and cause of the hole breathing thing im constantly dizzy please help meeeeeeeee

Ms. Hopeful

Post by Ms. Hopeful » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Kitty123, do the breathing exercises, they really help. I was short of breath every day this spring and in the ER several times and they said I was hyperventilating!! I was sooo stressed out and didn't realize what all it was doing to my body. I am so much better now and I know you can be to. Hang in there.

sylvester18

Post by sylvester18 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:32 am

No JASON, it is impossible to stop breathing unless you die. The only way to overcome anxiety and fear of dying is to WELCOME death. If you get a thought in your mind like, "I am going to die", you need to stop and realize it is just a thought and you also need to face up to the demon and say straight in it's face, BRING IT ON! TRY to kill me! "I will not die but live and declare the works of the Lord." "He will give His angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways." "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." I could go on and on with promises that your creator has promised you, you MUST have faith, and it is by faith and facing your fear that you will defeat it. We will ALL die at some point in our lives, look at the people who lost their lives tragically on 9/11. They had no idea when they got up that day and left their homes that they would never return. Same scenario, an airplane can hit your home and you would be a goner. You cannot be afraid of this fear that is keeping you from living. IT NEEDS TO BE AFRAID OF YOU. YOU have the power within you to be a victorious warrior. And, I know, some days are worse than others. But you MUST NOT faint or waver from your battle, you HAVE to destroy this demon of fear. It is trying to destroy you. "For I have not given you the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Jason, claim those words God promised you and live them everyday. Hit the floor in the morning with a song in your heart, not dread that another time wasting panic attack will come that day. Everyday is worth making it the best it can be. You CAN do it. Have faith and yes, some kahunas.

C.F.

Post by C.F. » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 pm

I just now discovered this forum. I just want to say I love all of you. I suffer from the same thing. But after hearing what all of you are saying I feel like half the fear is gone. And I would like to offer my advice now. As others have said, remember that we breathe when we pass out and we still breathe when we sleep. Think about all the years you were a baby and a child without a care in the world , and during those years you never had to think about breathing. Think about the moments during the day now in which you DON'T think about your breathing. It isn't necessary to think about breathing. We just think we do. I will pray for all of you.... please pray for me. You are now my brothers and sisters! We will get through this! God will help us through it if we trust in Him!

der-bear

Post by der-bear » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:54 am

Hello C.F. Your advice was very helpful. I did pray for you and hope you are well. Continue to pray for me! Just curious...what is your age and gender...if you don't mind me asking. I'm a 32 yr old male and have anxiety issues. Just seeing who all suffers from this type of stuff.

C.F.

Post by C.F. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Hello der-bear, I am a female in my late twenties. Thanks for the prayers. I will pray for you too!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:46 am

You could always try holding your breath and seeing how long it will take for your body to force yourself to breath.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”