Does anyone have these feelings or thoughts...

Are obsessive scary thoughts ruling your life? Do these thoughts seem beyond your control? Here’s how you can quickly address them and begin to feel better.
vanitykills

Post by vanitykills » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:08 pm

So, of course I think this is aniexty, but I'm wondering if anyone had the same feelings or thoughts and what did they do to stop them or give them less power..

I have a thought of thoughts like, "well if I don't do this, this way this will happen.."

it's almost like an obsessive thing, like I know people with washing their hands they think something will happen if not, I don't have and "ticks" like that but just the thoughts...

I'm just wondering if anyone is the same... and if they have any tips for this one?
"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do."

ms3

Post by ms3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:41 am

Dear vanitykills, yes most of us have these same feelings, and are very analytcal.I am so afraid of making a bad decision that I will over analyze every different scenario.this usually ends up leading me to negative thoughts and more anxiety.so, I think we all need to trust our first gut feeling more and not try to constantly think 3 steps ahead. no matter how hard we try, we can't allways control the outcome of everythingand it makes for more anxiety when we try.hope this helps? MS3

Paul R.

Post by Paul R. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:18 am

yeah,

when my panic was at its worst, i was wayyyyy over analyzing so many things. I worked a job where i was paid to analyze, my life situation and trying to find my true calling caused (and still does cause) alot of analyzing- all of which, does not have a "yes" or "no" answer mind you.

but, yes...i think vanity that you will find an overwhelming percentage of people on this site (like myself) get into trouble with anxiety because of our thoughts.

once you step off of that merry-go round, and realize that it does not have to be that way things really lighten up.

But you are not alone.

vanitykills

Post by vanitykills » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks you guys for the response.

I have a lot of "magical" thinking is what I think she calls it in the program.. man it's crazy what we do to ourselves!
"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do."

INDTom

Post by INDTom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:08 am

It is tough to get off the merry go round. I am going through the program again. I have a small change and I obsess about forever. Help!

Return to “Session 10 - How to Address Obsessive, Scary Thoughts”