Waking up anxious

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:49 am

Most recently I have been waking up anxious. I don't remember waking up anxious the first time through the program and I am currently on lesson 9 my second time through.

I don't worry about it really because it gives my positive self-talk voice a chance to get started early in the morning.

But if it catches you in a vulnerable moment when you are still too sleepy to counter the irrational negative thoughts it can start to spoil your morning.

What has worked for me is I listen to the relaxation track on my ipod and I loop it over and over and I go right back to bed.

I know I am not the only one that has woken up anxious. Does anyone else out there have tips that have worked for them?

God Bless

Eddy
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 am

I have woken up with an anxious feeling every morning for the past two months. However, in starting the AAAD process, I have found a couple of tips that have helped me so far. I am only on week one of the program, but I have found that this has led me to begin to regain a schedule I am comfortable with and begin to live my life again.

First, when I wake up, I immediately keep my feet moving. Rather than feel like the anxiety is about to tarnish the morning/day, I quickly get nutrients into my system, reach for the pocket cards provided by MC, and, if I need to, I call my support sources and ask them to help remind me that anxiety is something I CAN control, as it is a momentary hinderance in my day.

Granted, the anxiety is very much there, but I keep moving, disallowing myself time or space to play the "What if?" game. I hope this helps to anyone who reads this, as it is helping me.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Yea I usually get right up and start my day. I greet my family have breakfast and try and get my day going.
It absolutely helps!

:)

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”