New to the Site-Advice for anxiety when taking tests

"Combatting Stress & Depression" Program participant's may post support questions here
fabulosity

Post by fabulosity » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this program. My father purchased the program when I started having anxiety attacks when it came to taking tests (particularly the GMAT) and applying to graduate school. Even when I start to study for the test I get anxiety attacks. It is even worse when I sit down to take the test. I have to retake the test in 3 weeks so I am hoping the program can help calm me with my anxiety and depression before then.

I have had depression in the past but with therapy and medication I became better. Any advice for success with my problem or this program would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi Fab,

Welcome! Congratulations on getting the program.

My parents helped me out, too. Thank God.

I had a lot of issues around education. (Alright, I still do.) But the program has helped me sooo much.

Follow the program as it is designed. It's more important that your GMAT right now.

Seriously, don't be a perfectionist, but treat it seriously. Do your homework.

If you do so, you will get better and be well enough to take the GMAT and do whatever else you need/decide to do.

The relaxation tape is important. Also, if you need help--call the help line for a few minutes of valuable advice (there's a nominal fee for that).

When I started the program, I could hardly leave the house by myself. Now I am accepted into graduate school, watch a toddler part-time, started a Mary Kay business last week, and I spent my first day as a substitute in a public middle school in the Bronx today.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:06 am

First I would say thanks to my dad for recognizing & trying to help you to help yourself. I think the most important thing is to follow the format. Sometimes it's a lot to take in, but treat it as any other serious assignment. Good luck & God bless!!!

Return to “Participant Questions & Support”